Ooltewah @ Chattanooga Central 09112004

basketballisbest

For the Ooltewah fans on this thread, it sounds like Gatewood went to the pass and did it effectively. Their QB was 8-10 for over 200 yds. Pretty impressive. I think this is critical for their future success. It means that teams will not be able to just key on Caldwell.

Good game for Central as well. They put up a good fight until the end.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game.... #8 for Central is a great reciever... He jumped all over our little db's. Like I said earlier Central is not a bad team. They were going to give the Owls a tough game and they did... But you do have to give your hats off to the Owls this year... They are 4-0... WOW!!!! That has never happend in Ooltewah history... Central is the best 1-3 team in teh state.... They will be one of the top teams in their region this year. I hope they win everygame now... Go Pounders and GO OWLS!

that kid yall call Cald somethin or another was a joke.....So the whole 2nd half he limp...I heard all the talk about the refs and how loud they were. Didnt sound to loud to me!

825336191[/snapback]

Man don't come on here with that crap. Central played a good game, The joke you talk about out rushed your running back. No he did not get his usual 200 plus but Central loaded up the box and slowed the running game. Ooltewah loosened it back up with it's passing game. You guys got what you wanted, TORCHED by Zack Woods arm. I think Caldwell showed alot of guts playing with a dinged up leg in the second half. He did rush for over 120 in the second half. I was impressed with the intensity I saw Central play with Good Luck the rest of the way! :D

Hey IMAOWL,  How did the Owls come out injury wise tonight?  I noticed Caldwell limping most of the second half.

825336303[/snapback]

Terrence Lowdermilk called me after the game and we talked for a while.... DeWayne is doin fine he isnt injured he just got banged up a little bit he is ready to roll next week against the Govs. and chattcentralplyr.. i happen to be ref and we were alot louder the the PURPLE punders "BUCKET BOYS"!!!!!! plus you cant see anything from that nasty stadiums stands so its kinda hard to see what is goin on..... i respect all the pounder fans who can get on here and tip there hats but people like you chattcentralplyr, just need to stay off of here if you cant take a loss like a man!!!!!!!

If anybody thinks this rivalry is dead or doesnt exist, they are totally wrong. Their was emotions shown all over the field the stands and everywhere. This was a great game on both sides, but the game was alot closer than the score showed. This game was a TD difference the whole night. I think Central did what they had to do in shutting down Caldwell for the most part( didnt he only have about 10 yds through 3 qtrs?) But I give alot of credit to Ooltewah and especially Zach woods with doing what they knew they would have to do and throw the ball. Woods is gonna be a great QB, You all not only have a special player in Caldwell, but woods may be as special as Caldwell. I was also impressed with the little reciever Ryan Williams. I thought he did an excellant job of catching the ball over the middle. It takes some guts for a little man to go over the middle. I was proud of the way Central fought the whole game, not giving up when they would get behind. They need to leave Jameel Hambrick #4 at QB for the rest of the year and they should still compete for a region title. Coach Jones does not need to put John Cornett #12 back in, it just seems like bad things happen when he is in their. I think Hayes had probably his best game of the year and i was also really impressed with Ooltewahs LBS. Everybody at the game now can see why both of these running backs ( woods and caldwell) are the two best RBs in the city. Good luck to the owls the rest of the year and hopefully bring home a region title and make a good run to the state.

This sounds like an absolutely awesome game! I am amazed at how well Central did in stuffing the Owls ground attack, but maybe I shouldnt be. Does anyone have the defensive numbers from the game... Hayes' Tackles, and BMI's tackles?? Must have been really fun seeing both teams air it out a little bit! 230 yards on 7-8 passing, for Woods is really impressive!! (those were the TFP's numbers) I really like hearing all this between the 2 groups of fans... Except Chattcentralplayer's...

Good luck the rest of the season Pounders

Owls: Keep playing with a dominant running game, and a killer passing game, and you'll roll deep into the playoffs!!!

Great game both teams!!! I'm not really going to say too much because I think all of you have pretty muched summed everything up. I will say that I am very pleasantly surprised at how well each teams' fans are talking on here about each other. Of course with the exception of ChattCentralPlyr. I respect people who get on here and can congratulate another team for their victory. I would hope the Owl fans would do the same if it had been the other way around. OF course I wasn't at the game because I had my own baseball game, but from everyone I've talked to, CEntral has some great athletes. A couple people (players and coaches) have said that may be the most athletic team we play all year. So congrats Central and good luck the rest of the year.

As for the Owls, glad to see our boys passing the ball around a little last night! Caldwell still had a big night...I mean for most people 150 yards is a HUGE game...It's kind of funny that our RB gets that much and we say "only" 150! Haha! Hopefully the Owls can take this game and build on it.

Got a tough region game next week. Although Blount has lost several games, they are capable of putting up a pretty good fight. I still believe they play THE TOUGHEST schedule in the state in any classification, so a Blount loss doesn't mean too much.

Go Owls!!!

I have respect for Central's team, coaching staff, administration, and most of the parents. but I have NO respect for any of the bucket punks who threw stuff at me when I was taking stats to the other side at halftime. That was totally classless.

825336358[/snapback]

Totally agreed thorough!! I too have no respect for the bucket boys and the other central students causing such trouble last night! They had NO class at all! It is RIDICULOUS for our cheerleaders to be told that they cannot walk anywhere by themselves...that is just insane! And as I was leaving a man stopped me and said "You be careful" I felt unsafe there because of Central's redneck students! And that is just what they are...a buncha rednecks! To make threats like they did is sooo trashy! And I also wanna add that if the guy driving a green yukon or some kinda suv like that is reading this...I don't appreciate you nearly running me over then pointing at me afterward!