Goodpasture vs. Lipscomb

DLballer11

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former player in this rivalary, I can tell you there is no love-loss between these two teams, schools, or coaches.

If anyone will remember how intense this used to be, back in the days of the 3-classification system only two teams made the playoffs.

Well <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> was in the same district along with Lipscomb Goodpasture and Harpeth.

Being that BA never lost a district game in division I, Lipscomb and Goodpasture used to play in week 10 for the final playoff berth.

As a student I attended everyone of these from 3rd-7th grade, but starting in 8th grade I got to see the rivalary up close from the sidelines.

When BA moved up in 1993 Goodpasture and Lipscomb began playing for the region title, still very heated rivalary, but nothing like having your season end to your rival as it used to be like.

since 1993, Lipscomb has won 5 region titles and Goodpasture has 5 region titles, in addition they shared the region with Smith County in 1999, so that would make it 6 a piece.

Scores from Past Games

1993- DL 21-7

1994- DL 28-0

1995- GHS 11-0

1995- GHS 24-0

1996- GHS 32-13

1997- DL 36-29

1998- DL 28-14

1999- DL 9-3

2000- GHS 28-27

2000- GHS 7-6

2001- GHS 14-0

2002- GHS 14-7

2002- DL 29-0

2003- DL 38-35

since 1993

Series tied at 7-7

825342016[/snapback]

According to the Lipscomb Mustang website, Lipscomb has two wins over BA. Goodpasture leads the overall series with Lipscomb 19-15-0

You definately need to come to Lipscomb side for the best tailgating & food. You need to seek out mustvol for food. He is always cooking/grilling. He has had dove breast wrapped in bacon. Deer backstrip marinated in his special sauces. Mouthwatering! Shishkabobs with everything on them. He has had stews. The list goes on. You would think you were at a college tailgating party with the way the Mustangs parents & fans tailgate. I'm getting hungry just talking about it. Whats on the menu this Friday Mustvol?

Every week I go to h.s. football game.  I thought about going to see Riverdale and tape this game, BUT it sounds like I should see this LIVE.

Any thoughts?

One bad thing about seeing it on tape is you have to listen Blake Fulton.

825342106[/snapback]

Top 10 Reasons ot come to this game:

10) Turner v. Rogers - 2 of the best going head-to-head

9) McCadams v. Martin - 2 of the hardest heads going head-to-head

8) Uniforms - 2 of the ugliest sets in the country going head-to-head

7) Chuck Ross

6) Chris Snoddy

5) The "Cougar Meat" cheer

4) mustvol's pre-game food

3) Not having to hear Blake Fulton

2) Both school's student section - it's electric

1) 3 words: bagpipes, bagpipes, bagpipes (but get there early enou to hear them; ~5:30?)

Top 10 Reasons ot come to this game:

10) Turner v. Rogers - 2 of the best going head-to-head

9) McCadams v. Martin - 2 of the hardest heads going head-to-head

8) Uniforms - 2 of the ugliest sets in the country going head-to-head

7) Chuck Ross

6) Chris Snoddy

5) The "Cougar Meat" cheer

4) mustvol's pre-game food

3) Not having to hear Blake Fulton

2) Both school's student section - it's electric

1) 3 words: bagpipes, bagpipes, bagpipes (but get there early enou to hear them; ~5:30?)

825342263[/snapback]

Great Post!

You can also hear the game live on AM 1160 WAMB Radio and on the internet at www.mustangfanpage.com

825338922[/snapback]

I went to this site and found it quite interesting. The graphics were a little cheesey, but somebody has really put a lot of time into this, it is really informative.

www.goodpasturefootball.com

I also went to this site, posted by Cougars 2 State, this site is not as informative, but the graphics are much much better, looks more professional.

The point is both schools obviously have a lot of support for people to make a website for high school football. I LOVE IT!

p.s. the ERA sales guy looks like he is from the 70's :), but hey, at least he put up the money to sponser the site.

Good Luck to both teams.

Wow that is cheap.  Are you an athiest or something?  I bet you are a liberal Kerry loving democrat.  Now back to the game.  It should be a highschool fans dream.  The worry over here is the weather.  Are they calling for rain in the flatlands.

825340705[/snapback]

wow what a great thing to say. coming from a preacher and all. atheists and democrats always go hand in hand right? wow i have never seen more evil coming from a "christian"........