Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Maryville plays like they did vs Carter,Heritage and the 1st half vs Alcoa Maryville will win with no problem.If they play like they did vs Halls and 2nd half vs Alcoa the MOWest will have a good chance. Maryville will have Dave Garner and Andrew Clement back this week. Dave Garner will help out the secondary big time. Andrew Clement will help out the receiving corps and the secondary. The only plus with Garner and Clement being out is others like Ryan Jenkins,Steven Childs and Tyler Maples have stepped up.

Maryville's offensive line is very physical. They have been great this year. Last years playoff loss left a bad taste in their mouth.

Cade has played great this year. Maryville is loaded at running back.

Defensively Maryville is very good on the front 7. Linebackers is the stength of the defense.

Maryville must shut down the MOWest run game to win. MOWest must be able to run the ball to have a chance of winning. I don't think the MOWest defense will stop Maryville. Maryville is too balanced.

I think Maryville wins 35-17

looks like the general outcome from all the people who dont tall trash is that mo-west is gonna lose, and if all the nice people thing so then i guess i can go full into this one. sounds to me like mo-west has no defense, and ryan tallent is gonna have about 130 yards this game. they sound way too inexperienced, and cade might as well be playing pitch and catch out there with jenkins, clement, and childs. their offense doesnt sound too promising either. the only player ive heard is this james kid and he doesnt sound like he is someone to lose sleep over. i think Maryville will come out on top and get their much anticipated revenge on mo-town.

In the Morristown Paper I read about MorWest getting soundly defeated by arch rival Jefferson County last week. At the end of the article the paper stated; “West hosts fellow 4A powerhouse Maryville”. (Next Week)

First of all, Morristown West is not a “Fellow” Powerhouse to Maryville and really never has been. Even last year MorWest was beaten four times. Sure West got by an un-motivated turnover ridden Maryville team last year in OT to gain a guest appearance at the Blue cross bowl that allowed Hillsboro to finally get a title and denied the east of the ownership of another gold ball. Opportunity lost, in my view. MorWest is a good team and has a fine Coach and staff but, not a Powerhouse! This year MW will win their 2-4A region simply because the region is one of the weakest in 4A if not the weakest. I’m still very happy and surprised MW beat Cleveland.

In the past two games MW has given up about 730 yds of offence and only scored an average of 23 PPG while giving up about 22 points per contest. The team is 2-2 and is giving up a lot of yards to the ground game. They have not faced a good passing team this year yet and have not been able thus far to gain many yards from the air. (16 of 26 for an ave. of 88 yds per game) A requirement for a Powerhouse to have in my opinion. Again this year Coach Woods has called for the run 75% of the time but only has been getting about 175 per contest. Again not the stats of a Powerhouse. MW is also heavily penalized team as well, hurting their drives.

Maryville on the other hand is 4-0 but has not really been tested. The teams “D” has only given up one TD in the first half all year and one in the 3rd Qtr. The “D” has stopped the run consistently and has about 10 Int’s this year when defending the pass. The “D” has also rotated players without discrimination and not lost any effectiveness. Depth is a great thing. MHS also averages scoring about 39 PPG and has only allowed 6 PPG, mostly by the 2nd and 3rd teams “D”. There is no telling how many yards GQ’s charges could have scored if the Coach did not have the class to call off the dogs by the end of the second qtrs in most cases. The kids at Maryville still have that sour taste of that let down last year that stopped the class of 2004 from getting their 4th State Ring and the underclassman have been looking forward to this weeks visit to the Burk-Toney since last year.

I expect Maryville will soundly defeat MW next Friday night because Maryville is a better team top to bottom in every category again this year. Maryville is again very close to becoming a Powerhouse but still has a great deal to prove to themselves and others they belong at the top. I think they will be 5-0 by this time next week.

The same thing can be said about this game that has been said about every other maryville game. Maryville has to much depth, to much talent, and simply to much on their side. They cant win the game on paper, but i doubt they will let this one slip away like last year. I will agree that maryville still has alot to prove before they become a powerhouse, but with the way things are adding up... it seems Talent + Depth + Coaching Staff + Experience + ________ = powerhouse

The only thing missing is consistancy, Mo West will be a great opportunity for maryville to send a message to the rest of 4A, good or bad.... I pick maryville 31 - 10