Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

Like I re-canted in the above post, Un-motivated may have been the wrong word, the team was off and did not play well. The key in my view was Maryville's two QB's did not get it done. I think 6 TO will hurt most teams in a semi-final game. Moving the game is something that is becoming an annual event in MTown. I don't care how much it rains Friday night, the game should go on! If the home field is in terrible condition the game should be moved, not rescheduled! The TSSAA should hold the line on rescheduled games and make sure it is not just a home town decision.

I think Coach Woods is doing a good job and in a few years his son is being prepped to take over. So if you don't like it, change teams, but don't bash him, he works hard at his job.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa chaos, way to bring the analysis!! I have to concur. When do they ever have good weather there? I've never seen it. :D

Rebelraider, way to cut to the chase my man. Two TD's is not out of the question. Let's see what IVAN does to us. thumb

Rebelron, I was a little perplexed with their opinion of their coach too. Isn't he the reason anyone knows they play football in Morristown? thumb

Like someone else mentioned guys, this game like last year, could get postponed due to weather. Man, I really really hope not, as that will give this young MoWest team time to jell and keep us from beating them by two TD's (just one TD). Hey, I'll be the first to admit, I like catching them this time of year.

Safety is the utmost concern though. So, don't be real surprised if this doesn't turn into the turkey bowl again round late november. :lol:

How can anyone from MOWest blast Don Woods? Before Don Woods showed up at MOWest the Trojans were a mediocre team. I remember a 5-5 Maryville team in 1996 beating MOWest 55-21 in Morristown. Now MOWest has a very good program. Their defense last season was one of the best I have ever seen. MOWest is a well coached team. I was really impressed with their defensive schemes last year. Heck! Don Woods should have a street named after him in Morristown.

825339920[/snapback]

MoWest goes through cycles. In the 80's they always fielded a good team, then they went through a down time. Coach Woods was just enjoying a talent influx during his reign. He has helped the program in many ways, but his playing favoritism has also hurt. You can ask players past and present, and they will all tell you the same thing. If you call this good coaching REBELRON, then I would hate to think what it would take for you to say that there is a problem. I know you follow MoWest because of the match up every year with Maryville, but until you attend every practice, and every game for MoWest, leave your opinion about the coaching situation to people that know. As you have noticed, I have never said anything negative about Maryville. From what I can tell, Maryville has a top notch program with great coaching and players. When visiting you field, your fans have always been great. The fans of MoWest for the most part are the same. We are just getting frustrated with the same issues year after year.

tkb25, who are you

825339559[/snapback]

i started watching bradley james when he was playing little league, and i told myself that he was going to be a pretty good athelete, ive even seen him play basketball at the church he attends, and ive seem him play on the all star little league baseball team, and playing football. i just decided to follow him,and ive talked to his parents a few times, they are a class act, and i believe bradley will do very well in football and in life, because he is a very smart young man with a great personality, i just wish woods would turn him loose and let him run. needless to say i am probably his biggest fan!!! besides his girlfriend or his parents. thumb

I don't think that MoTown West will be any problem at all for the Red Rebels... Coach Quarles is just an awesome coach and he gets the players' respect.  Maryville will roll in this one

49 Maryville

12 Morristown West

825340503[/snapback]

Hopefully, MoWest can keep it more interesting than that, but we do owe them, so that score would be nice. :D

We have to watch out for the Bradley James guy.... :lol:

I mention this in another post at the beginning of the season, the conerstone for west was the defensive coach that left the squad. He was truely the best coach on the staff (including Woods). They miss his leadership and he kept Woods in line. I have seen this , I played for him and he has my respect in the things that he has contibuted. They will need time to adjust. We can't expect the same team as last year we graduated way to many, just face the fact that we may not be as good as we were last year..... right now.

Edited by yellowjacket2

I suspect that somewhere along the line that coaches and players will have something to do with the outcome of this game. It's all about "team" and the team that plays the best will usually win. If MW can conquer the mental part of the game, which is about 80%, then the other half of the game should be no problem. Either way, should be a decent game.

C Man let me guess you have a son  that plays for West and you are mad. I hope this is the reason because if it is not then you are a complete idiot. The last time I checked Woods had won a lot of games. How many have you won? If you were any kind of man at all you would not hid behind some name. I bet Woods would listen to you but then you may not hear what you want. If you believe this so strongly then make a stand but don't be afraid and get on here and hid behind the name C man and think anybody is going to listen to you.

825340688[/snapback]

Someone needs to rename this strand the Coach Woods strand. :unsure:

We'll be needing both your full names, phone numbers and addresses please.... :huh:

Like I re-canted in the above post, Un-motivated may have been the wrong word, the team was off and did not play well.  The key in my view was Maryville's two QB's did not get it done.  I think 6 TO will hurt most teams in a semi-final game.  Moving the game is something that is becoming an annual event in MTown.  I don't care how much it rains Friday night, the game should go on!  If the home field is in terrible condition the game should be moved, not rescheduled!  The TSSAA should hold the line on rescheduled games and make sure it is not just a home town decision. 

I think Coach Woods is doing a good job and in a few years his son is being prepped to take over.  So if you don't like it, change teams, but don't bash him, he works hard at his job.

825340434[/snapback]

you only need to be from mo-west and watch the practices and talk to the other players and the fans to know whats going on with mo-west football, woods will meet the same results that chrisman did because he is doing the exact thing that chrisman started doing, playing favortism!!! and yes chrisman was blessed with a lot of talent also but they got rid of him when he started that crap!!! :lol: