Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

[

Nooneparticular, rebelron, rebelraider, hope to see you at the game. Redreb, stay focused and forget all this minor bantering. The ballgame is what counts. Ya'll be careful driving out west in the rain. Is everyone taking 11E or is there a better way?

825343419[/snapback]

I know the path from MW to mariville is now marked by state highway signs reading "the trail of tears for mariville." I'm not sure about the path from mariville to MW.

825343480[/snapback]

Oh, it's titled "The Path of Certain Vcitory". ;)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bmart, are you to afraid to directly insult rebelraider without getting rebelron's permission and support first? Everyone on here needs to shut up about the trash talk, it's gonna happen, spend last time complainging about what rebelraider has said to "antagonize" maryville's opponents.  All of you guys that complain about him, seem to be getting more bothered by RR's post than the people he's harassing.  Get over it~ he's gonna do it~

825342923[/snapback]

Maybe if you and RR had taken more than a second to read my post you would have realized the trash talking I was refering to was directed at people who evaluate coaching decisions and make statements that are completely untrue. Trash talking between players and fans has been going on way before you were born and will continue from now on. BTW I have no need or desire to insult RR or any other Maryville person. People who understand Trojan football know what I mean.

Maybe if you and RR had taken more than a second to read my post you would have realized the trash talking I was refering to was directed at people who evaluate coaching decisions and make statements that are completely untrue. Trash talking between players and fans has been going on way before you were born and will continue from now on. BTW I have no need or desire to insult RR or any other Maryville person. People who understand Trojan football know what I mean.

825343524[/snapback]

Trash talking as a topic always seems to come up. There are varying levels and it's easy to go off half cocked when something touches a nerve. We could all learn a lil patience....

shag,

What's with your hangup with coaches? For awhile all you talked about was "cute Kevin" and now your hung up on Clinton's ex-DB coach? Aren't there boards where you can mingle with your friends who also play for the other team?

BTW, if you look closely, the DB who gets plowed also ends up making the tackle.

Edited by Newman

shag,

What's with your hangup with coaches?  For awhile all you talked about was "cute Kevin" and now your hung up on Clinton's ex-DB coach?  Aren't there boards where you can mingle with your friends who also play for the other team?

BTW, if you look closely, the DB who gets plowed also ends up making the tackle.

825343610[/snapback]

Hellloooo Newman!! ;)

The Daily Times

Interesting quotes from GQ and Cade.

Coach Woods produced some good bulletin board material.

825343563[/snapback]

I read the article in the Maryville Times on-line edition this morning and was wondering how long it would take for this to come up. In Coach Woods' defense this quote was taken "way out of context." Although I hate that defense when people have unflattering quotes attributed to them in this case it is true.

1. He was quoted as saying this in response to a question from the Citizen's Tribune sportswriter, he was never interviewed by anyone from the MDT.

2. The question was something along these lines: you seemed to dominate the 1st half but only lead 7-0 at halftime and had several missed opportunities including a fumble on the 1 yd line, did that concern you:

Response (summarized not word for word): Yes it did because I don't think the score (7-0) indicated how much we dominated them and it worried me that we didn't have a bigger lead going into the 3rd quarter.

3. I can tell you this is all factual because I was standing about 5 feet away when this interview took place.

I can assure you (as I have said many times before on this site) that everyone associated with Mo. West has nothing but respect and admiration for Maryville and their program.

BTW, this same paper in an article last spring referred to the MW win in the semi-finals as a :"fluke." Not real professional in my opinion.

I hope both teams play hard tonight and come out injury-free. I also hope that RR, STARS, DMoyers, FBE and the rest of the Maryville fans and students have a safe trip to and from Morristown in the bad weather.

Edited by transplant