Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

If Maryville plays like they did vs Carter,Heritage and the 1st half vs Alcoa Maryville will win with no problem.If they play like they did vs Halls and 2nd half vs Alcoa the MOWest will have a good chance. Maryville will have Dave Garner and Andrew Clement back this week. Dave Garner will help out the secondary big time. Andrew Clement will help out the receiving corps and the secondary. The only plus with Garner and Clement being out is others like Ryan Jenkins,Steven Childs and Tyler Maples have stepped up.

Maryville's offensive line is very physical. They have been great this year. Last years playoff loss left a bad taste in their mouth.

Cade has played great this year. Maryville is loaded at running back.

Defensively Maryville is very good on the front 7. Linebackers is the stength of the defense.

Maryville must shut down the MOWest run game to win. MOWest must be able to run the ball to have a chance of winning. I don't think the MOWest defense will stop Maryville. Maryville is too balanced.

I think Maryville wins 35-17

825336798[/snapback]

Maryville will stomp MoWest. Its not even gonna be a game. i see this one over by the half. GET CALDWELL IN THE GAME

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBEmeritus Posted Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Sure West got by an un-motivated turnover ridden Maryville team last year in OT to gain a guest appearance at the Blue cross bowl that allowed Hillsboro to finally get a title and denied the east of the ownership of another gold ball.

how could they have been unmotivated ?? it may have been a familiar foe ... but it was a game to go to the state championship . we just didn't play that well , i think the effort was there , just too many mistakes . i can't see this game being very close , but you never know , as long as Maryville comes out with intensity and not turning the ball over , they should dominate .

One of the most dominating performances i've ever seen by a Maryville team was the last time we played there in a regular season game 2 years ago . even with Carl Stewart hurt, and missing most of the game , our boys were hitting with a fire and intensity that included not only the defense and offense , but also the younger players on the special teams . i saw one of the hardest hits i've ever seen on a high school field from our kick off team . hopefully our guys will bring that same type of intensity this time too .

Good Morning Gentlemen! Well well, here we are in the meat of the schedule FINALLY. I have to give props to Rebelraider, who in his own eloquent way, predicted the outcome of the Heritage game pretty closely (he said 42, it ended up 45).

Also, mad props to Rebelron, who is in the top 30 percentile in "The Big Ones" contest. Not too shabby.

Now that that's all out the way.....I really wish this game would be as good as it has been in years past, but I think we all know it will not be. From reading everyone's input, I think we're pretty much all of the mind that West (maybe thru no fault of their own) has not done a real good job of promoting younger players thru the system.

If they had, they wouldn't be starting a mostly JV defense. When you allow a team that you dominated last year to beat you in your first game of the year, that's bad enough. Jeff county is a good team, but they also got beat by the Pats too.

I'm gonna say Maryville by a whole bunch. A lot more than usual. I hate that that's the case, because I like what this series has turned into, but this one won't be close at all.

Rebs 35

West 7

Un-motivated may have not been the right word, but I thought the kids intensity was down. I mean the team is very scripted to the coaching staff's credit, week after week, the team stays on the same schedule Monday-Friday @7:30. No matter the outcome of last week, win or lose, GQ keeps the preparation consistent. The kids were geared to play Friday night-not Saturday afternoon. Enough said no excuses and PepVol is right, we didn’t play very well.

The key to this game will be intensity, for both teams. The result of last years play-off lose has left a sour note on the Maryville underclassmen of years past and they can't wait to get off the bus in MTown.

If Maryville comes in and executes they way they can, it will be a long for Morristown and I hope the dogs get to play until we get 60 points!

I don't expect Mtown to score until the 2nd or 3rd shirts get into the game. I hope there are no injuries suffered on ether team. Go Rebs

The same thing can be said about this game that has been said about every other maryville game.  Maryville has to much depth, to much talent, and simply to much on their side.  They cant win the game on paper, but i doubt they will let this one slip away like last year.  I will agree that maryville still has alot to prove before they become a powerhouse, but with the way things are adding up... it seems Talent + Depth + Coaching Staff + Experience + ________ = powerhouse 

The only thing missing is consistancy, Mo West will be a great opportunity for maryville to send a message to the rest of 4A, good or bad....  I pick maryville 31 - 10

825338407[/snapback]

Are you talkin about this year or overall? Maryville has been more than consistent over the last 20 years. We've only had one or two losing seasons in 20 years. I have to disagree with you there Noonepart.

As far as powershouse goes, we certainly are. We only lack 3 state championships having the 10 championship DYNASTY status. I'm not sure what more you could ask... :)

Not meaning to single you out, just wonder where you're comin from with that... :huh:

Un-motivated may have not been the right word, but I thought the kids intensity was down.  I mean the team is very scripted to the coaching staff's credit, week after week, the team stays on the same schedule Monday-Friday @7:30.  No matter the outcome of last week, win or lose, GQ keeps the preparation consistent.  The kids were geared to play Friday night-not Saturday afternoon.  Enough said no excuses and PepVol is right, we didn’t play very well.

The key to this game will be intensity, for both teams.  The result of last years play-off lose has left a sour note on the Maryville underclassmen of years past and they can't wait to get off the bus in MTown. 

If Maryville comes in and executes they way they can, it will be a long for Morristown and I hope the dogs get to play until we get 60 points!

I don't expect Mtown to score until the 2nd or 3rd shirts get into the game.  I hope there are no injuries suffered on ether team.  Go Rebs

825338911[/snapback]

Good posts FBemeritus!! thumb

i agree with you FBEmeritus , the game being played at a different time seemed to have a big effect on the team . i know it shouldn't have , but it did . the whole atmosphere seemed strange , our fans were there in force and there early too , but it was one miserably cold day . hats off to Mo West for pulling out a hard fought win that day .

i'm happy with the way our defense has came on , i think the early pre-season talk about the defense has really motivated these boys . with Garner coming back , it will definitely help the secondary be more physical and experienced . the defensive line is really stepping it up ! we seem to be looking really good now 2 deep on the defensive line , and that can only mean good things for the defense . the linebacking corps is very , very impressive , probably the strength of the D . i really believe by the end of the year , the defense will be one of the best we've ever had .

The rain is something none of us is talking about....that can make any game interesting. Might be a good chance to redeem our performance at Halls on a sloppy field. That field wasn't due to rain though....as we all know.

As long as we hold onto the ball int he slop, I stand by my previous prognostication. thumb

Edited by dmoyers1

There is only one name that will determine the outcome of this game.....Ivan...If Ivan drops any water onto the field it'll be a long night for Maryville. Hurricanes have been known to produce rain so I'll bet its a long night for the Muryville lackies.

It's a good thing for the Morristown folks that the game is at home. Being in Maryville when a Hurricane hits coulds be dangerous. I mean you could lose an eye to all the funny money floating around. Also, think of the looting of the concession stand. I mean it would be a mad dash to grab all the "real" money you could.

Maryville cheerleaders new chant...Rain, rain go away come again another day.