Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

So the game has officially been rescheduled for Thursday night at 7. This thread has been growing stagnant for awhile now, so how about we consider a new notion: the game got rescheduled last year in the playoffs and MHS seemed to be more affected than MoTown West. What do you think the ramifications (if any) of another schedule change will be for these two teams this season?

Give me your thoughts.

*Disclaimer: I am not in any way inferring that the MHS defeat of last season was in part or whole the result of the schedule change, nor will I assert anything other than the fact that MoTown West just seemed to want it more on that day.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Un-motivated may have not been the right word, but I thought the kids intensity was down.  I mean the team is very scripted to the coaching staff's credit, week after week, the team stays on the same schedule Monday-Friday @7:30.  No matter the outcome of last week, win or lose, GQ keeps the preparation consistent.  The kids were geared to play Friday night-not Saturday afternoon.  Enough said no excuses and PepVol is right, we didn’t play very well.

The key to this game will be intensity, for both teams.  The result of last years play-off lose has left a sour note on the Maryville underclassmen of years past and they can't wait to get off the bus in MTown. 

If Maryville comes in and executes they way they can, it will be a long for Morristown and I hope the dogs get to play until we get 60 points!

I don't expect Mtown to score until the 2nd or 3rd shirts get into the game.  I hope there are no injuries suffered on ether team.  Go Rebs

825338911[/snapback]

Rebels better be careful. Just found out the game has been moved to Thursday. This will mess up their schedule. That along with the possibility of rain will give them plenty of excuses if the loose. They would never loose because a team is better than them. They lost last year because the game was moved, the field was bad, etc...

:D:D:D

Rebels better be careful.  Just found out the game has been moved to Thursday.  This will mess up their schedule.  That along with the possibility of rain will give them plenty of excuses if the loose.  They would never loose because a team is better than them.  They lost last year because the game was moved, the field was bad, etc... 

:D  :D  :D

825342494[/snapback]

I'll refer you to Redreb's post. The rebel nation is a machine and is not affected by foul weather or ill will. It's game on and Mowest gets beat a nite earlier.

You sad sacks bringing up the distant past need to step to the rear. Yes, 2 weeks ago might as well be two years ago....you know that if you know football at all.

Rebels better be careful.  Just found out the game has been moved to Thursday.  This will mess up their schedule.  That along with the possibility of rain will give them plenty of excuses if the loose.  They would never loose because a team is better than them.  They lost last year because the game was moved, the field was bad, etc... 

825342494[/snapback]

Without question the last time Maryville got BEAT, by a clearly better team was vs. Heritage in 2000. MWest did defeat Maryville in 2001 by a TD, but was really not the better team. Taking nothing away from MWest but to a knowledge football critic, MWest has never been a better team than Maryville in the past, in my opinion. Last Maryville visited MWest during the regular season the score was 49-7 and it wasn’t that close.

Not making any excuses for the team, don't need to. Simply put Maryville again controls its own destiny and no one will beat them if they execute the way GQ coaches them too. Above, I also said Maryville has not been tested yet this year and I don't think that test is coming Thursday night ether.

Without question the last time Maryville got BEAT, by a clearly better team was vs. Heritage in 2000.  MWest did defeat Maryville in 2001 by a TD, but was really not the better team.  Taking nothing away from MWest but to a knowledge football critic, MWest has never been a better team than Maryville in the past, in my opinion.  Last Maryville visited MWest during the regular season the score was 49-7 and it wasn’t that close. 

Not making any excuses for the team, don't need to.  Simply put Maryville again controls its own destiny and no one will beat them if they execute the way GQ coaches them too.  Above, I also said Maryville has not been tested yet this year and I don't think that test is coming Thursday night ether.

825342526[/snapback]

FBE will 1470 carry the game thursday?

Without question the last time Maryville got BEAT, by a clearly better team was vs. Heritage in 2000.  MWest did defeat Maryville in 2001 by a TD, but was really not the better team.  Taking nothing away from MWest but to a knowledge football critic, MWest has never been a better team than Maryville in the past, in my opinion.  Last Maryville visited MWest during the regular season the score was 49-7 and it wasn’t that close. 

Not making any excuses for the team, don't need to.  Simply put Maryville again controls its own destiny and no one will beat them if they execute the way GQ coaches them too.  Above, I also said Maryville has not been tested yet this year and I don't think that test is coming Thursday night ether.

825342526[/snapback]

Because we're fans and not players, we have the luxury of overlooking teams. As fans we can certainly start looking forward to better tests, you're correct. thumb

825342494[/snapback]

Redrage

99% of us Rebel fans gave MOWest their props. You are dead wrong on this one.

I just hope that none of you trash talkers for Maryville have anything to do with the Football Team. I know that you are not players.

You could not have this mindset and be in good standing with our coaches.

Maryville prepares every week for every opponent with the knowledge that we have to be our best, play our best, and give our best in mind,body,spirit or we can be beat on any given Friday night.

Trash talk and dissing opponents does not reflect well on, or represent Our Team, Our School, or Our Community. We are better than that.

Have some class :D

825342397[/snapback]

another one? come on. how many times do i have to tell you people that trash talkers dont care what you think. ill put a golf star next to your name on the board Redreb. give it up guys, if people are gonna talk trash, they are gonna talk trash. but back to the game. im sure mo-west is thrilled to have the game tomorrow night. this just gets all the beating and embarassment over with a day earlier, but it doesnt give them a day to walk around their friends at school and know that they blew it. oh well, over at MHS that gives us a day to walk around and know that we won yet another game, its getting kind of old though, i mean we do it every week. im still predicting maryville to win by two tds or more, and with the rain i might give it 3 tds because mo-west's defense is that bad. look for me in the stands, ill be wearing a bathing suit for the rain, carrying my rebel flag if they administration over there isnt ridiculous and wont let us bring them in (heritage) and ill have my helment. if any one of you fine losers to be have anything to say to me ill gladly take my attention away from the beating to listen to your garbage. MHS by two tds.

Redrage

99% of us Rebel fans gave MOWest their props. You are dead wrong on this one.

825342686[/snapback]

RebelRon, you are dead right on this one. I am considering not viewing coacht anymore however. So many posters seem to have earned a degree in trash talk and sometimes stupidity ( not directed at any one school). Maybe it's my age, Mtown West Alumni, 1977. Anyway, West does have a better record now than at this time last year and possible adjustments may still come as they did last year after the Maryville game. BTW, dont believe any of the bull about coach Woods. It simply is not true as I can witness to that fact. All the Maryville fans have a safe trip to Morristown tomorrow in the rain!