CAK Volleyball

CoachLogan74

i have really been impressed so far with this years Lady Warrior team. I realize that this is just a post of me bragging on the girls, but i want the state to know that theyre coming for them. Led by seniors Kate Hamilton, Rachel Berube and Laura Edmunds, i believe that this team will be one of the top contenders in the state this year in A/AA volleyball. See you at state Page!!!!!!!! :blink:

Sorry to burst bubbles here, but I believe that only one Knoxville area team in any class will go to state this year, and that is Anderson County. I saw them play this weekend, and they are playing as good as any team in the state right now in any class. In A-AA Sullivan Central is clearly the other representative. In AAA Dobyns Bennett, Daniel Boone, Science Hill and Sullivan South will play for the two spots at state. Knoxville AAA are not at their level I don't think. Finally the Knoxville D-II schools, are Webb, and they are down this year. In my opinion, it breaks down this way.

Robinhood,

I agree that AC is playing alot better right now. CAK is scrappy, and will beat you if you don't play well. I just don't see AC not playing well again. Farragut and Karns also have a shot at the Northeast teams in AAA, but I would agree that the four schools you mentioned are better from what I've seen.

:rolleyes: I'm telling you the sleeper team in class A-AA from East Tennessee is West Greene, record as of now 23-3 with the 3 losses to AAA schools...Still have ALL-East Tennessee NETS player of the year for 2003 in Michelle Shockley and a great supporting cast with 3 other seniors...

825359454[/snapback]

Out of those 23 wins, how many were against quality, well-respected wins? Name the wins that came against quality teams, and then we'll discuss how much of a sleeper they are.

Out of those 23 wins, how many were against quality, well-respected wins? Name the wins that came against quality teams, and then we'll discuss how much of a sleeper they are.

825359574[/snapback]

Make that 25-3, As they won twice today..You know class A-AA is weak in East Tennessee..But they do have wins over--Landmark Christian, Ga., Henry Clay, Ky., South Greene, Elizabethton, Johnson Co, Volunteer, North Greene, Cocke Co, Cherokee, Chuckey Doak+++others.. We'll see how they match up around Oct. 8-9 as they are in the Bristol Blast at Tn. High..They also have the East Tn. coach of the year last year..Went to State in 2002 and were beat by 1 pt. in Sub.state late year at CAK..

Make that 25-3, As they won twice today..You know class A-AA is weak in East Tennessee..But they do have wins over--Landmark Christian, Ga., Henry Clay, Ky., South Greene, Elizabethton, Johnson Co, Volunteer, North Greene, Cocke Co, Cherokee, Chuckey Doak+++others.. We'll see how they match up around Oct. 8-9 as they are in the Bristol Blast at Tn. High..They also have the East Tn. coach of the year last year..Went to State in 2002 and were beat by 1 pt. in Sub.state late year at CAK..

825359614[/snapback]

The only name I really recognize out of that bunch is Henry Clay, KY (courtesy of K-Digs).

However, I do remember seeing CAK at state in 2002, and I have knowledge of them coming close to advancing last season. A-AA is relatively weak in East TN, save for Chattanooga. Safe to say, then, that CAK is the creme of the Knoxville A-AA crop!!