The Greatest Football TN Player All-Time?

biglon68

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Witten has potential to be great if he stays healthy. One of my favorite current NFL players!

Al wilson is a tough dude! Love the intensity and leadership he brings to the game!

Andy Kelly was great in high school and college, nice guy too(went to college with him). Some better quarterbacks from Tennessee are Bobby Dodd(Kingsport), Steve Spurrier(Johnson City), Steve Sloan(Cleveland), Stan Fritts(Oak Ridge), Kenton Evans(Memphis),Joey Clinkscales(Knoxville),Bill Wade(Nashville),Darrell Crawford(Kingsport) and Eric Locke(Murfreesboro).

Who the heck is Andrew Beck? I'm from Kingsport and never heard of him! Sam Haynie(ETSU), Ralph Nelson (Tennessee) and Anthony Nelson (Virginia Tech) are the best lineman Sullivan South have produced. Old Sullivan High( consolidated into Sullivan South) produced two great lineman who went to ETSU: All-American End Hal Morrison(best non D-B player from Kingsport area) and Guard Wayne Peters.

Some great memories are brought back to me by many of the names mentioned in this thread so far.

Let me add a couple. Tim Priest (Huntingdon, TN), DB at Tennessee in the late 60's. All SEC, All American his senior season. Now on the broadcast team for the Vol network. Don McLeary (Jackson Northside), RB in the late 60's at Tennessee. All American. Now a state senator in W. TN. These two were for real! I played against them both in HS and they were two of the best I faced.

Doug Atkins was the man!!! Along with Reggie White!!!

Edited by duckman38201