Greatest runner from your HS

steepler113

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatest runner to ever come through McMinn County High School was Powell Grisham. He ran a 15:00 (3 mile) his senior year, which is a school record. He won Optimist, Region, and placed 3rd at State. He ran 16:13 or so at State on a very windy and rainy day with lots of mud. He also holds the school record in the 3200, placing 3rd at state with a time of 9:26. He graduated in 1989.

Tray Hurst and Josh Hicks (the sub 16:00 duo who led McMinn to their state title in 2002) were also great runners. Their senior year, they placed 3rd and 4th at State with times of 15:39 and 15:42. They still weren't as dominate as Powell was. Tray Hurst holds the school record in the 1600 with a 4:24 and Josh Hicks holds the 800 record with a 1:57 (he also ran a 1:55 relay split). These two also helped McMinn win the state championship in the 4X800 meter relay in 2003. They ran a 7:54 vs. Baylor for the school record and a 7:55 to win at State. Expect their school records to be broken this year!

825358163[/snapback]

I kinda doubt that record will be broken, yall dont have the talent they had, sorry.

Austin Weaver! Most dominant runner of his time. I dont think he could have beaten Bumbi, actually not even close to Bumbi, but i think if he ran against Bumbi he could have broken 15. His best was 15:19 in CC and won i believe 3 state championships. In track he won 4 state titles in the 3200 and the 1600.

Rob Bates would be the best athlete. Two time state champion in the decathlon and other state titles in the hurdles and long jump. Maybe Kevin Patterson if he didn't get hurt his senior year, but he is also my brother so i could be being nice to him. Another 2 time state champion in the decath with a partially torn hamstring his senior year so he couldn't perform at his best. Yet he still beat Michael Joyner. I'm going with Bates

Edited by kpatt2

Haha.. Now you are just talking out of your ######.. I will get the 800 record my first outdoor race and the 1600 will go down soon after... You are invited to come watch me run in any track meet or practice...

825359676[/snapback]

You've been all talk your whole high school career, you've never done the things you have said.

And what would that be?? The last time I checked I helped bring 2 state championships to our school..

Frosh Year- 1:59

Soph Year- 50.33, 1:58, 4:32, State Champions AAA -CC-, 4x800 State Champions, 4th in the 4x400

Junior Year- Hurt, 2:00

Why don't you quit hiding behind your computer and tell who you are.. If you would prefer to diss me or my team in person here is my schedule

1st Period-Gym

2nd Period- Mr. Stiles

3rd Period- Coach Haney

4th Period- Mrs. Estes

5th Period- Ms. Rozanski

6th Period- Mrs. Studdard

825360781[/snapback]

Oh yea, I'm sure he is just going to show up in one of your classes and "diss" you. I agree with him, though. You have been all talk your whole career. Not saying you won't do it this year, I'll believe it when I see it though.