Jerry West

Whats goin on down in Memphis. Is Jerry really going a whole offseason without making any big moves? Or does he got a genious idea he is waiting to suprise everyone with. All the other teams in their division have made big ones San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Denver

825361123[/snapback]

Well, he hasn't been able to, for the most part. Personally, I would have traded for Shaq if at all possible, but that's just me. Maybe he tried to and couldn't, who knows. I think he's got a move up his sleeve before training camp is over. We'll see, though.

What concerns me is that three of those four teams are in our division. That said, I think the Grizz can still compete even in their current state. San Antonio is San Antonio. Houston adding Tmac is a great addition and does put the Rockets in a good position for a major championship push in the future but we'll haveto wait and see how well Yao and Tmac mesh. Allas has done some things try and beef up dow low and re-signing Daniels was not a surprise but I'm curious to see how losing Steve Nash affects them. I agree with Opperman in that it wouldn't shock me if JWest pulled off a move before training camp is done. I think we need to at some point but it's all a matter of waiting for the right deal to develop. Don't just make a move for the sake a making a move.

a note on O'Neal.The man wants to win championships, right? So in going to Miami not only is he out of the West( only to see those teams twice in the regular season) the Heat are now in a division with Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta and Washington. That's top notch competition right there! thumb

Edited by Pantherbert