Lawrence County

katielynnt

The only advice I can give you is simple, if you loose by a large margin it means your defense is not working. If you only loose by a point or two, your offense needs to step it up. If you win or tie, everybody is doing their job. Just remember, it is a team sport and everyone needs to play their best. All positions are important, if they weren't why would you need to be playing it? Most people only think of the offense and scoring but if your defense keeps the other team from scoring you can still end in a tie even if your offense doesn't score. A tie is a lot better than a loss. :D

our defense works hard the entire game... they get subbed in and out cause they get sooo tired from running with ppl keeping them from the ball... and all of our defense and mid-fielders mark a player everygame thats its nessesary and the other team always gets someone open even though everyone has a mark... it makes no sense..

It may be your defense is running all over the field doing one on one coverage and getting tired out. Maybe they should try zone coverage and not stay on the same person and just cover their area. I am not a big fan on pulling full backs up past half of their side of the field when the ball is on the other end or having the fowards running back to their own goal. It just wears everybody out and nobody is there to accept a fast break in either direction. :D

There could be a good team here but changes will have to be made by players and coaches to get there. Discipline and dedication are major factors to the success of any team. You can't have players not show up to games just because something better is going on that day. Lawrence Co. had to begin District tournament play against a tough Shelbyville team with only nine players on Saturday. Only a few of them were the starters during the season. They finally had a couple show up after the game was underway but still played with only one sub. I commend the girls who walked out on the field and played the game.

It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that the coach needs to be a little tougher on this team. If you set a punishment, follow through with it no matter how much it hurts. Keep working on fundamentals and conditioning. If a player doesn't want to work send them home.

To all those who want to play and want to improve, try not to get discouraged. I'd rather walk on the field with nine players who want to be there and want to work than to have a team of 15-20 players who just show up.

Good post tiredbbmom. I also commend those 9 that showed up to play a tough game. If all of them wasn't starters this year, they should be next year! Lack of discipline and teamwork has been the downfall of several teams that had tallented players. This goes for all sports. Your right on making rules and enforcing them. If you make a policy that they will sit the bench if they don't show up for a practice or game, except for a family emergency, you should stick to it even if it is your best player in a championship game. They will probably get mad and you may loose the game, but they probably won't miss any more. You see good college coaches doing this all the time.

yes, i know, i played and was there that day and played without being subed once... i was dissapointed that my teamates decided not to come, we has 10 players and had 2 sisters show up.. the 12 of us played our best game although i felt as though id let my team down... i was the poor girl stuck in goalie position for 75% of the game... but i don't blame our goalie who couldn't be there and had no choice... but us 12 played our hardest and i think did well against one of our hardest teams to beat, a team , i might add, that had about 25 players but i dunno... i plan to play next year and for the next 3 years and give it my best effort. thank yall do much for your feed back :D

There could be a good team here but changes will have to be made by players and coaches to get there.  Discipline and dedication are major factors to the success of any team.  You can't have players not show up to games just because something better is going on that day.  Lawrence Co. had to begin District tournament play against a tough Shelbyville team with only nine players on Saturday.  Only a few of them were the starters during the season.  They finally had a couple show up after the game was underway but still played with only one sub.  I commend the girls who walked out on the field and played the game. 

It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that the coach needs to be a little tougher on this team.  If you set a punishment, follow through with it no matter how much it hurts.  Keep working on fundamentals and conditioning.  If a player doesn't want to work send them home.

To all those who want to play and want to improve, try not to get discouraged.  I'd rather walk on the field with nine players who want to be there and want to work than to have a team of 15-20 players who just show up.

825368309[/snapback]

I know your frustration! Some of the girls that weren"t there wanted to be but due to circumstances beyond their control' were unable to be there! Go Wildcats!