Truly the best teams in the State

DoubleJJ199

stewart county most deffinately is the strongest team ive ever seen...hahaha....just kidding but lipscomb isnt too shabband got some players steppin up......hands down to riverdale though dominating like they have been is unbelievable

825367691[/snapback]

Da...Dum................CHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redtwin

you are ridiculous talkin bout MBA.... they might not have lost to anyone since there opener..... but i know your gonna say scrimmages don't count but we killed them this summer.... and thats not keepin in just the starters so we can run up the score..... cuz that was teams on teams 2nd string and 2nd string; 3rd string and 3rd string. and you may not know this but we will WIN the state championship this year whether you belive it or not.

RIVERDALE all the way to state.

I just wanna know what else Maryville has to do before people realize that hands down they are the best overall team in the state all classifications. '97 state championship game, '98 state champs, '99 semi's lost to central who won state, '00 '01 '02 back to back to back state champs, '03 state semi's lost in overtime to a tough Morristown team... This year they are once again killing people, there is not a team in the state who can hang with them, Not one. Acloa tried, did a good job, they are the best 2A team. Go Rebs!!!

I just wanna know what else Maryville has to do before people realize that hands down they are the best overall team in the state all classifications. '97 state championship game, '98 state champs, '99 semi's lost to central who won state, '00 '01 '02 back to back to back state champs, '03 state semi's lost in overtime to a tough Morristown team... This year they are once again killing people, there is not a team in the state who can hang with them, Not one. Acloa tried, did a good job, they are the best 2A team. Go Rebs!!!

825368099[/snapback]

Let Mr. Joke be serious for a moment.

Maryville is a top 5 team. I'd probably go to lengths to say a top 3 team. ...But they are not #1 in all classifications this year. I love Maryville, being a Blount Co. native, and I always wish them the best of luck. Maryville, Alcoa, Greenback. Heck, sometimes I even give Heritage and William Blount a shot. But to say that they are #1 in the state *right now*, I think you have to look at yourselves and be say, "Hmm, maybe that's not the case!" They've played no one so far, due to being in one of the weaker 4A regions, and won't really be tested until week nine (Knox Central) or the playoffs (TN High/Rhea Co with Tim at the helm). Maryville is good, everyone knows that. We don't need crazed Maryville fans to tell us that every other post. But we won't be saying, "Oh, so they're that good this year, huh" for another few weeks.

On a side note, isn't it amazing that the things you stated to make them look good, actually can be twisted to prove that they may, in fact, not be the best team in the state?! If you're going to be convincing, don't say a 2A team hung with them, and don't mention that whole, "losing in the state semifinals" thing!

HEYOH

------------

REBUILDING YEAR FOR HERITAGE, HONESTLY

Riverdale06,

Point out one untrue fact in my post. As far as that scrimmage goes, Riverdale did indeed come out on top. Congrats, you beat a team that lost its starting QB and first two tailbacks within the previous weeks. There is a reason they declare the state champion at the end of the season. I feel very confident that someone other than Riverdale might take that crown.

Just what game were you watching?  Gallatin won that game by being in shape.  Collierville was not even close to being in game condition.  Those big boys should have pounded the ball straight at our little defensive line and Hall should have lit us up like a Christmas Tree.......however, Gallatin showed some dominance and the "overrated" Green Wave once again beat one of the better west Tenn squads.  Please save the drama for somebody else. thumb

825366568[/snapback]

One thing that was probably a factor is that no Shelby County schools could have two-a-days this year due to the school schedule. That certainly cuts into your ability to get a team in game condition.

I put stock in Maryville in 4A. I put stock in MBA in Division II. That's about it. They are the only two teams that have consistantly won state championship recently. All of these people try and argue that DII is down, how so. Who has beaten anyone in DII (other than Ryan) besides a DII team. McCallie, who is probably the best team in Chattanooga after beating Tyner and Central, lost to MBA, one of the best teams in Nashville. Does that make McCallie a down team. CBHS beats strong DI teams in East, Whitehaven and Germantown, but then loses to DII Briarcrest. Does that make them Down? MBA, riddled with injuries,  loses the opener to a very tough Trinity team, but since then is undefeated and yet to be beaten by a team from TN. How can you say that they are down. BA beats Oakland and Centennial before losing to two DII teams. No one can argue that DII is down. There is parity in DII this year, something that has not happened in recent years, not a lower level of play.

Riverdale can keep the starters in and run up the score trying to look impressive on paper, but until they consistantly when championships I put no stock in them . No points for second place, right Maverick?

825367316[/snapback]

Yeah, you're right. There is parity, which means that the top teams have declined, while the bottom teams have improved. Unless you are saying that all of the other D-II schools have each climbed to the mountaintop at the same time.

You obviously think that D-II schools are automatically superior, but throw us poor old publics a bone. Can you admit that occasionally a public school might field a team that could beat one of the privates. Whether they actually play or not is not the issue, it is the quality of the teams in any specific year.

All I am concerned with is the 2004 Riverdale team. The past is okay, but statistics can be twisted all sorts of ways. For example, MBA has won 8 or so titles, but it took them what, 100 years + to do so. Riverdale has 3 in thirty years. Whose percentage is better?

Doesn't BA have more titles than MBA? Why don't you put stock in them? Oh, right, you said "recently". That is somewhat "bandwagon " thinking, isn't it? IF MBA loses this year, will you still put stock in them? On what basis, especially if Riverdale also wins 5A this year. In that case, how does "recently" apply?

It is a shame that you can not give the Riverdale program credit for winning consistently, and for keeping that consistency by overachieving in big games in many cases. I completely respect what MBA has done over the years, and if they lose this year, I will still respect them.

Riverdale is the best team.  I have seen most all of the powers this year in  Middle and East Tennessee. In my opinion Riverdale would have no problem with BA, MBA,MUS or any other Super 7 team.  Last year would be a different story.

825368689[/snapback]

Thanks Bud. I agree there are years when the 5A team is the best, others when it may be the 4A or D-II team. Some people can't objectively look at the big picture.

who wins it all this year, I don't know. But as of right now, I have to stick with the Warriors. I just wish the rest of their region schedule was a little stronger to help prepare them for the playoffs.

Riverdale is the best team.  I have seen most all of the powers this year in  Middle and East Tennessee. In my opinion Riverdale would have no problem with BA, MBA,MUS or any other Super 7 team.  Last year would be a different story.

825368689[/snapback]

I agree with bud. DII-AAA has fielded some strong teams in the past (and IMHO, the top team in the state across all classifications in 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003), but the league lacks a dominant team this year and would likely be in trouble against Riverdale, who truly looks to be in a class by itself at this point. I would put any of DII-AAA’s top teams up against any others from DI, though. Not having a dominant team does not imply that excellent football isn’t played, particularly by the top teams.

Riverdale is clearly the best at this point, but Dobyns-Bennett is getting overlooked in this argument. Don’t forget this is a program – one with far-and-away the most wins in Tennessee history – that is hungry for its first title in 40+ years. A team with the firepower and tradition of Dobyns-Bennett would not be that much of a prohibitive underdog come playoff time, should they face Riverdale. Their trouncing of Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge tells me all I need to know.