The As Seen on TV ads have got to go

I realize a venture like this has to make money to survive and advertising provides some of that income.

But the television ads, featuring sound and video, have got to go. There is no way to turn them off. I have been in a couple of situations where I really didn't want sound to blare through my speakers and suddenly I have a commercial running in the background.

Just my two cents, but I say find a better way.

They are also messing with the page widths too. Pages featuring TV ads are not loading properly.

The quickest way to get rid of those ads is by joining CoachT Plus.

http://www.coacht.com/plus/

Plus members enjoy an expanded site (minus many of the more intrusive ads) for only a buck a month.

825369371[/snapback]

I was afraid that might be the case. but I am not goingt to join, I don't use it enough and I see many benefits of just being a free member.

But the television ads are new, CoachT has survived a long time without them.

Is the only payment method credit card? AND can you talk to all other plus members on the private messenger?

825370699[/snapback]

Did you read it really good?

If you are paying by check, Money Order or ordering a Family Plan, send your payment to:

CoachT

288 Waldon Road

Lawrenceburg, TN 38464

As for as I know you can send messages to any Plus Member. thumb

Edited by Sequatchie

The TV ads are ridiculous. Its sad that coacht.com has fallen to this. They are the most obnoxious ads ever created, and like he said: theres no way to turn them off.

Even websites where every membership is free (like coacht used to be) dont have ads like that.

Imagine this scenario:

Im sitting at my computer, listening to music, singing along and whatnot, when all of a sudden, theres this obnoxious grating, interfering, unwanted noise in the background. After some investigation, I find that its my coacht browser window. Do I A. mute the cpu? or B. close the window and visit coacht less often than I used to? I think the answer is clearly B.

For $12 a year, I get access to the best Tennessee HS message boards available, without annoying ads. It's a small price to pay, and it's a show of appreciation for hard work done for our benefit.

Some of you act as if you are entitled to an annoyance-free website - that someone else should incur the cost for your free enjoyment.

If you don't like the way things are done here, find another website or create your own.

The shots taken at Coach T - who, along with iamoz, spends a lot of time and effort on this site for little financial return - are ridiculous.

Show an ounce of respect, people.