District 7A

7ABasketball

Well if he don't get the job done...who's gonna come in and get it done...I think dexter is last resort...I think he'll be alright...but after this year...I say they are gonna be in some deep trouble...

825407627[/snapback]

I seen some of the young kids come in last year and do a better job than Dexter White, like the Jenkins boy is alot more composed on the floor than white and the Gentry boy is a little out of control with the ball, but handled the press alot better than white did last season!!!!! If Dexter White is RBS's last resort, RBS is in alot of trouble!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarkrange will be better than a lot of people give them credit for. My memory is not the best but I believe they still have the Hanahan kid, the Richards kid, and another good sophomore coming up. They were competitive last season but I believe they could slip in some upsets as the season goes along. But then again, I don't really believe there will be any true upset in the district this year. The competition is going to be tight from top to bottom. I think that Pickett Co. could finish 3rd as easy as they could finish in first place. I do believe that Red Boiling Springs is playing "under the radar" so to speak...just don't count Owens and Co. out just yet. And Clay County will be a lot like Clarkrange...full of surprises with a chance to claim the crown. Just can't beat 7A ball! Edited by TNBballMan

I am from Monterey, and I don't think that was an appropriate thing to say.

Let's see here what Monterey has done the past twelve years. in 1992 sub state. And they have been in the region almost every year since. Plus in 1998 they were 1 score short of beating clay county to get into the sub state. in 2000-2002 they had a decent team coming close to sticking with pickett co. in 2002. If I am not mistaken you are from Red boiling springs. Is that the case?

All i heard last year was joseph bailey and how incredibly good he was...yet when push came to shove he choked in the game versus whs. I guarded his butt the entire game and all i heard was his cocky attitude and how he wasnt gettting the ball enough......Pickett may have a lot of talent but let me say from experience, their only has to be one selfvish basketball player on the team to destroy it from within. Example: Westmoreland of 2003-2004

I am from Monterey, and I don't think that was an appropriate thing to say.

Let's see here what Monterey has done the past twelve years. in 1992 sub state. And they have been in the region almost every year since. Plus in 1998 they were 1 score short of beating clay county to get into the sub state. in 2000-2002 they had a decent team coming close to sticking with pickett co. in 2002. If I am not mistaken you are from Red boiling springs. Is that the case?

825408694[/snapback]

Yes, that is the case and I am from Red Boiling Springs and I'll gladly pull for my team. I am sorry if I have offended you, that was not my intentions. I will gladly retract my comment. However, we all have our own opinions and I'm sure you have your own opinions about the teams in the district. Again, I'm sorry that you took offense to the statement.

And by the way, I do remember last season when your boys almost stuck it to us on the Mountain...and I am a firm believer that there can be any upset at any time. However, according to the "norm", if your school and the other school that are in the lower pre-season rankings of 7A beat one of the top teams it would truly be an upset. And I also know that any team in this district has a chance at winning it.

No man, I was'nt offended. I saw your point but we have always well most of the time been here in the last 7 or 8 years been in the middle of the pack or maybe leaning toward the upper of the district. Last year was a different story we struggled the last few years. Red Boiling is usually up there themselves higher than us usually. But, as a true wildcat I have to pull for em'. I just don't think that we should be a team that is laughed at from our past experiences. We play in a pretty solid district that is represented well year in and year out and it is tough to stay with some of the other teams. You know what I mean, I am not mad or upset because everyone does have their own opinion about stuff. And, for people who are wondering about us I think we will be down again this year. We have some speed (something we have not had in the past) but no really big men in the middle. It should be a great year and I am looking forward to going and watching the teams play this year good luck to everyone. thumb

Edited by handyy

I seen some of the young kids come in last year and do a better job than Dexter White, like the Jenkins boy is alot more composed on the floor than white and the Gentry boy is a little out of control with the ball, but handled the press alot better than white did last season!!!!! If Dexter White is RBS's last resort, RBS is in alot of trouble!!!!!!

825407677[/snapback]

Yeah Tyson Jenkins is a good ball player...but honestly i've never saw him as a pg...i've seen him play and he's good...but i've just never saw him as a pg...maybe he is a good pg...and Ben Gentry is also pretty decent...and I just don't really know about him...

All i heard last year was joseph bailey and how incredibly good he was...yet when push came to shove he choked in the game versus whs. I guarded his butt the entire game and all i heard was his cocky attitude and how he wasnt gettting the ball enough......Pickett may have a lot of talent but let me say from experience, their only has to be one selfvish basketball player on the team to destroy it from within. Example: Westmoreland of 2003-2004

825408741[/snapback]

i've played against bailey too. he is a heck of a player and i dont think he is selfish at all.

825407677[/snapback]

I realize that everyone has their own opinion on things but lets remember that no matter what you or i think, these kids are out there busting their tails and working hard for their respective schools. So lets try not to talk about an individual player like this. I know Dexter somewhat and he seems to be a great kid and he definately does not deserve to be talked about like this. Lets all remember that alot of the kids read these posts as well. Pointing out a weakness or a teams weakness is ok but lets try not to put them down as individual players, as they are giving their all for their respective teams. thumb