Best Coach in the last 5 years!

rigger101

rigger, yeah she did get outcoached. I believe the ADS had the same team this year as last. Last years team won KIL. West was a bunch of mostly newcomers. The 2 point difference is what caused me to take a look at the results. She got outcoached by Coach Roberts at Knox West.

825388584[/snapback]

I guess injuries have nothing to do with CC. :D (PS they have a few!) B)

As I said, wait for the Results from State. B) Also, Check Julie Ann’s times compared to last year. As a junior she didn't get to go to State Because of her times, but has stepped up this year to be one of our top runners. thumb

Kelly has produced the best win record in E. TN over the last 10 years. West has produced some individual State Champions but the Individual and team Champions belong to her( Boys and Girls Teams). When the Boys Won State They were ranke in the top 10 in the Country. I think the number's speak for theirself and they way her team loves her say's it all. The Webb Boys are doing great but the record is not the same for their Boys and girls.

If most coaches had to deal with the physical problems she has, most wouldn't have the courage to get out of bed much less coach State Champions. :o

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand that statisically she has had the best runners, but she cannot run the races for the kids. There is absolutely NO doubt that she is a wonderful person AND coach, and she cares about the team and the school. My point is, she's been very blessed with 1) a gigantic school full of people, and 2) an extremely large team to work with. It's hard to say who the "best" coach is...she is definitely one OF the best, but you have to remember that the coaches don't run the races for the kids. She has had some REALLY good athletes too!

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. All the past you have written about is accurate. Kelly does not need for you to write on a board anything about her health. I know that Region and State will be the focus of the Ads. But if you ask Kelly she will tell you she got outcoached.

825389009[/snapback]

I know, I lost my head. But it's like saying Lance Armstrong is good and not knowing the rest of the story.

i can understand that statisically she has had the best runners, but she cannot run the races for the kids.  There is absolutely NO doubt that she is a wonderful person AND coach, and she cares about the team and the school.  My point is, she's been very blessed with 1) a gigantic school full of people, and 2) an extremely large team to work with.  It's hard to say who the "best" coach is...she is definitely one OF the best, but you have to remember that the coaches don't run the races for the kids.  She has had some REALLY good athletes too!

825388766[/snapback]

The football team draws from the same School population and in the past it hasn't been a winner. It's the coaching that helps win Championships. There are other sports at Farragut that win but don’t have as many kids come out. They come out in the large numbers because of Kelly.

The football team draws from the same School population and in the past it hasn't been a winner.  It's the coaching that helps win Championships.  There are other sports at Farragut that win but don’t have as many  kids come out.  They come out in the large numbers because of Kelly.

825389470[/snapback]

The demographics at Farragut high school are not condusive to football. Demographically Farragut is the most affluent area of Knoxville, those types of students tend to play sports like cross country, tennis, soccer, etc. I think in the "white rich kid" sports they have lots of good athletes. They aren't good at Football because they don't have any fast black guys (like AE). It's as simple as that.

The demographics at Farragut high school are not condusive to football.  Demographically Farragut is the most affluent area of Knoxville, those types of students tend to play sports like cross country, tennis, soccer, etc.  I think in the "white rich kid" sports they have lots of good athletes.  They aren't good at Football because they don't have any fast black guys (like AE).  It's as simple as that.

825390256[/snapback]

She is blessed with Kaz. That kid can glide!

The demographics at Farragut high school are not condusive to football.  Demographically Farragut is the most affluent area of Knoxville, those types of students tend to play sports like cross country, tennis, soccer, etc.  I think in the "white rich kid" sports they have lots of good athletes.  They aren't good at Football because they don't have any fast black guys (like AE).  It's as simple as that.

825390256[/snapback]

It's Coaching! thumb I was at a High School that had only won 1 game in 10 years. Everyone always said our school had great talent but we couldn’t win. They finally fired the head Coach and the new Coach turned everything around with the same kids that had been winless the season before. Everyone had us, as their homecoming game opponent. We won every game that we were scheduled as the homecoming opponent. :P

When Farragut had Carson Newman’s Coach they were one of the top teams in the State. Since he left Farragut went down and Carson Newman has won a few National Championships. Again, it's COACHING. :blink:

Yea, my bad. I knew I would do worse trying to spell Cashella(if thats how you spell it), so I just took at stab at Koz. Mikey your almost as fast as Koz, but he is unbelievable when he runs not as good as Bumbalow, though.

825391440[/snapback]

His last name is spelled Koszela. And runnerboy is wrong. Bumbi is not a stud, he is a motor vehicle! Edited by Runthe800