Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would think Temple would have to be the favorite. Making it to the final four and losing no one from last year. CCS looking to have an off year will help also. But i would think Temple is still the team to beat. But the Temple Grace games should still be great and very competative. But dare I say the best two teams in the state are in the same district????

I think McEwen has a shot at being a very good team this year. We play in a tough region with CPA so you never know what will happen. Its a long time until the state tourny and there is no tellin what will happen between now and then. But McEwen returns basically everyone and the expectations are high. It should be a good year so good luck to everybody! GO WARRIORS! ;)

McEwen has never made it to the state champinship tounoment let alone win a ring. But this year, i think is ganna be the year for it all. With Players like Puckett, Diviney, Hatcher, Smith, and Warden as starters, and maturing substitutions like Lagen and Weigend, McEwen, I think, could beat a team like Temple in the State Championship Game.

GO WARRIORS!!

Pickett County will be a top contender. They have most of the team back from last year's team which beat eventual state champ Unaka 80-57 during the season, and Gordonsville by 10 dusring the season. They have Joseph Bailey back and he was talked about all year as a Mr. Basketball candidate and has to be a big favorite this year. He played AAU ball this summer and their team came in 6th in the nation. Last year Pickett Co. was upset in the region, like a lot of the top 10 teams, so hopefully they will go into the playoffs a lot more ready to play! They have a second player, Josh Wright who could also be a Mr. Basketball candidate...plus they have a terrific freshman class coming in...most could start on many other teams.

I still dont know why anyone hasnt mentioned Unaka. As I can recall Unaka beat McCallie, Temple, and Grace. But yes I do think all these teams are top contenders, but Unaka only lost three seniors last year. So they cant be too bad!! Although Pickett County will be tough to beat this year along with Temple. But I do think Unaka will be a force to be rekoned with and they will be very hard to beat, and also very exciting to watch....

Unaka won at McCallie in January. They are definite contenders for the state again this year, as they only lost 3 seniors. Returning are the TSSAA basketball coach of the year Donald Ensor, State MVP Tyler Mcann, point guard Derek Cline, and big post Rusty Holtsclaw, who is at least 1 1/2 inches taller than at the 'Boro. The boys have worked hard. I'm not saying they will definitley repeat as champs, but if hard work and pride play into it, they should not be taken lightly.

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAIN IS TEMPORARY, PRIDE IS FOREVER