Who will win class 1A this year and why?

oldtimeballer63

Yeah, Temple has a good line-up:

Sean Wadley (5-11  Sr.)

Caleb Skogen (6-2  Sr.)

Dee Newson (5-7  So.)

Josh Smith (6-2  So.)

Zach Mouw (6-2  Sr.)

Kevin Smithson (6-3 Jr.)

Stephen Cudd (5-10  Sr.)

James McCormick (5-10  Jr.)

Joey Shiraef (5-11  So.)

James Wallace (5-6  Jr.)

Mychael Green (5-9  So.)

Seth Skogen (6-4 So.)

825382740[/snapback]

But where's the height?????

You've got some great ball handlers in Newsom and and Skogens and a shooter in Seth and Sean....but Seth isn't gonna be able to handle many big guys down in the post by himself....I see Temple having a good year this year but I think another Banner is out of the question....

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett County will be a top contender. They have most of the team back from last year's team which beat eventual state champ Unaka 80-57 during the season, and Gordonsville by 10 dusring the season. They have Joseph Bailey back and he was talked about all year as a Mr. Basketball candidate and has to be a big favorite this year. He played AAU ball this summer and their team came in 6th in the nation. Last year Pickett Co. was upset in the region, like a lot of the top 10 teams, so hopefully they will go into the playoffs a lot more ready to play! They have a second player, Josh Wright who could also be a Mr. Basketball candidate...plus they have a terrific freshman class coming in...most could start on many other teams.

825382902[/snapback]

Gordonsville last year wasn't as good as everyone thought they were...and I don't think Pickett was upset last year...they were alright...but they'll be a whole lot better this year...and possibly contenders...

Ezell-Harding will make a lot of noise this year. They only lost one player from last years team and have 6'8" Joe Lackey who is one of the best players in class A. They also have talented guard Aaron Duke who can flat out shoot the ball. Josh Pitto runs the offense at the point guard and Chris Blackburn will enforce anyone who gets out of line and provides valuable leadership. And Coach Piercey and Freud are 2 great coaches.

Yeah Temple's inside game is probably the weak point in there game and i agree seth cant carry the load. And you would think they'd struggle aginst a real big guy. But in regions last year Zack mouw push A 6'8 guy from ccs off the court and they won that one. Also they have the same team and they made it to the final four last year so though it may be there weak point they still can win state and have to be one of the favorites.

To start off with, McCallie was a good team last year, I don't care what you say, they beat Temple as I recall watching. And for the die-hard Grace fan/player/coach/dad/whatever redandwhiteforever, how do you even have the nerve to say we, Unaka, weren't really contenders? I mean you can say the bracket but like I said, Temple could have beaten CPA easily and we played them. Just let me know how you feel, son.

And this year they will lose. Temple is not a hard team to beat you guys are nothing but abunch of "JoeFans" and you dont have a clue what you are talking about when it come to playing...not watching...a team.and actually know how a team plays, and what they do in their program. And plus I dont know why you guys think all these Chattanooga teams are so good, dont get me wrong, they are good, but not as good as everyone puts them out to be.If all you Temple fans dont watch out and leting them think that they are unstoppable, and Temple will be like last year and get the big head and not do anything. Just something to think about..... :D CLINE's the man, son

If CPA replaces Mr. 'Casa,' look out! It'll take Sikes a little while to switch from All-State football to All-State basketball, but once he gets in the groove he can carry a team. They have a good coach AND experienced players who should be very hungry to go further this year. The strength of the post will determine their destiny. Good luck Lions!

Edited by Cougars2State