region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you Collierville guys are always the first ones on here every year. They must not give you guys enough work in school to keep you busy..

I am not ready to make any predictions on who is going to take the region but it certainly is going to get pretty interesting this year. I find it hard to see one team that sticks way out above the rest but someone may prove me wrong...

In my opinion, Houston or Ridgeway may win region this year, with Collierville in the third spot of the ind. region.

825383149[/snapback]

I think both of those are very safe bets other than the fact that I hear Houston has no juniors on the team this year which means they may be coming with a fairly young team. Collierville and Ridgeway should continue on about the same pace as last year but I think Germantown will have a few things to say, I hear manay of the Red Devils have worked hard this off-season. Looking forward to some great matches down here.

Dragon12,

Yeah I know what you mean about missing the matches but I am sure the guys down here will be glad to give you the play-by-play.

Yes, Coach Doty is now an assistant at CBHS (like the didn't already have a loaded coaching staff) and Trey Hamilton ( was the coach at Memphis Catholic ) is now the head coach at Bartlett. I think it will definitely be interesting to see how Bartlett shapes up this year... Trey is a great guy and a good coach and it will be interesting to see how he does now that he is not being stretched too thin by coaching too many sports and will have a larger team to deal with. This was certainly one of the changes for this season that I was eluding to earlier. However, I wouldn't count Bartlett out of district competition yet. They will certainly still have some athletes.

Watch out for Germantown (only lost a few seniors) and Bartlett (same thing). Ridgeway lost Darius Williams. He is now at CBHS. He will be tough for them to replace. Collierville and Houston have some youngsters in their lineups that will help them a lot. Cordova is on the rise. Bolton has consistently become a contender. Black Horse Invitational will be the first measuring stick, although Collierville won't be there.

That's a big loss for Ridgeway in Darius. Will he be eligible to wrestle with him going to D2? How is Westside looking, they are always strong. My opion of Collierville is that Hunt, Speroff, and Brett Rodgers are the only top guys in the line-up, and Hunt might not even be there come November, don't know the details.