region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wondered why there was a brown out on the left side this weekend and i finally realized that the wrestling board on coach t was up and going again. yea!

region 8 is probably as much up in the air as ever in the last several years. and i think the columbian wrestling guru hit the nail on the head with a wait until "the big rodeo at the mustang ranch in the 12th month" is over and maybe we can get our bearings.

as far as d2 is concerned; wave rolls, wave rolls, good golly almighty, wave rolls. :(

It's good to see you back on the boards, USFJim. I tried to come by and visit your youngest progeny this weekend but couldn't find the time.

As far as DII is concerned, MUS will be very competitive. They only lost state champ Hooser. They still have Hall, Rainey, Friend and Abernathy. With the buzz around school of having a state champ, their internal recruiting might improve.

St. Benedict should be much imporved. Coach Pirani and Coach House have them heading in the right direction.

Briarcrest had a lot of young kids in the lineup last year. Well, they are all back. I believe they only lost 1 wrestler to graduation. They had a few kids working hard in the offseason. It should pay off for them. Bolton, Fink, Jackson, Ruleman, Crone, and Pentecost will help them compete.

Memphis Catholic will be dealing with a coaching change. I did see Coach Clyde Israel at the scheduling meeting. We'll just have to play wait and see with them.

Harding Academy always has their fair share of tough kids. Look out for LaVelle, McCarter and the state placing human spider, Jordan James.

St. George's will be around more as that program and school continues to grow. We'll just have to wait to see if Coach Gorham can bring a little of the Father Ryan luck and intensity into this fledgling program.

CBHS is the class of DII West. They might get pushed by Braircrest and MUS but their streak of 4 straight region titles is not in jeopardy. Watch out for Marable (duh), Alsobrook, Riddle, Jennings, Baucke, Darius Williams (if he is eligible), Hugoboom and Howie.

Edited by CoachDelgado

The rodeo at the ranch is certianly going to be a big event for the West this year... should show us where a lot of teams stack up.

Coach Delgado are there any new big entries this year? I am assuming we will still be seeing the familiar faces of Grissom and Brother Martin...

I heard BotW was skipping out of town on us this year... any truth to that rumor? If so I guess we will all have to depend on the wit of USFJim to get us through the season.

I think MUS also graduated their 140 Rutherford who I remember picking up a lot of team points for them.

It amazes me how long Briarcrest is going to have the core of their team aorund. It was very easy to forget last year that about half of their team were freshmen. I think they only lost their 152 pounder.

I think 215 is going to be a pretty tough weight class around here and statewide. Afterall, you have the return of Friend (MUS), Jackson (Briarcrest), whoever CBHS decided will be at 215 for them, and our own Eric Edwards who picked up a lot at the Iowa intensive camp this summer. Going statewide you will have Coffey (the man beast from PJPII) and Ian Meredith of Notre Dame. And that is all just in Div. II and I know DI will have just as many.

Anybody know of any big weight shifts in the city this year?  I know we have one or two that may be moving up quite a bit this year.

I know I heard rumors of a big weight shift for Borneman Coach Delgado... any truth to that one?

Anyone else have anything to report on this front?

825388879[/snapback]

so is lucas showing up as a fatty this fall? :)

i expect most wrestlers weights will not only be up the usual one weight class progression from one year to the next but you will see some up as much as two to three classes. (can we all say balco) :o

so is lucas showing up as a fatty this fall?  :)

i expect most wrestlers weights will not only be up the usual one weight class progression from one year to the next but you will see some up as much as two to three classes. (can we all say balco)  :o

825389325[/snapback]

I heard that Lucas would be going up on his own accord this year, not necessarily because he would be fat. Speaking of Lucas did anyone see the match between he and his brother at the NHSCA qualifying tournament at Bolton back in March? Man that was fun.

A couple of ours were going up of their own volition this year but I think the new weight rules may force some others to new places. I know for a lot of our team it comes down to being at the weight you want to wrestle at on certification day (October 30th) since a lot of them are under 7%.

very few stay the same weight from year to year, especially in the lower classes. you see a natural progression of 12, 19, 25, 30 over a career or maybe peak at 25. with the weight thing, i think you will see more guys go from let's say 19 last year to having to certify at 30 or 35 this year. also, every year you have wrestlers who work hard during the off season in the weight room and come back a few classes heavier, like 25's coming back at 45 or 52. more of this will begin to happen in the next few seasons.

just one guys opinion. ;)