region 8

dragon12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody hear about the new assistant coach at Bartlett, Rusty Morris. I would imagine some of you guys remember him... he wrestled at CBHS just a few years ago. Was a state placer a few times I believe. I just wanted to say hey to him if he reads this or if anyone from Bartlett does. He used to work with me at JFF and was a stand-up guy and a great wrestler ( I am sure Coach L would agree with me on both parts ). I think having him there with Trey is going to be a big boost to the Bartlett program. Look forward to seeing you at the mats Rusty...

Hey Coach Bradley or Simpson,

I was wondering if you guys had worked out the times for the MS portion of the Germantown pre-season tournament yet. I don't have an e-mail address for either one of you so I figured I could catch you on here. Just shoot me an e-mail at jghouse@cbu.edu if you have it figured out. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon (probably see you at certification at Houston on the 30th if you haven't already gone).

Coach House

How new? He's not in our contact information database yet.

In addition to being a Red Devil fan, I'm the "Technology Director" & in charge of information for Midsouth Wrestling Club, and we've been compiling contact information for all area middle school - high school and freestyle coaches & assistants.

Rusty, if you're out there, please visit our website:

www.midsouthwrestling.org

and email me your contact info. I'm also still looking for Brighton, Collierville Middle School coaches, Memphis Catholic (program this year?), if you'd like to be on our list.

E. Barnett

Mrs. Barnett,

I am pretty sure Rusty's e-mail address is listed under the alumni page of the CBHS wrestling page (great thing by the way Coach L). I am not sure if he actually checks that one but you should be able to find it there.

I too was wondering who was taking over at Catholic, anybody with that info please share.

Hey Coach L thanks for the info on Velasco at Ridgeway I hadn't head that one. I knew Rusty's placement back in '02, I had followed him pretty well that year, just wanted to see if anyone else out there was going to bother to check it out (shoulda known to count on you to come up with the info :blink: ). Goodluck to you guys this year.

Oh and Coach Bray nice choice in Velasco, he will be good for your program.

I was wondering any of the coaches could post their scheduals on coach t because I'll be in town over the holidays and was interested in catching some of the local action if I'm not stuck up north. Any tournaments or matches would be great.

825393689[/snapback]

Lil' Hammond,

On Dec 20 and 21 Totino Grace from Minnesota and Grissom will be at Houston wrestling duals. They will wrestle one group of teams on Monday and another group in Tuesday. It should be a lot of fun.

Coach Delgado, thanks for the post. How did ya'll get a team from Minnasota to come down?

825394316[/snapback]

Connections. Lowel Healy is good friends with the coach, Doug. When the NCAA was at Minnesota, Coach Holmes and Coach Bradley stayed with Lowell and they all hung out with Doug. The idea came about. Totino Grace has been down here twice already. Germantown has gone up to Minnesota once.