DCA @ CPA *Let it Begin*

TheScout

Well, people from DCA and CPA(and Nashville) have been anticipating this one for a while. I thought I'd get the talk going. For CPA, they MUST establish their run with landers and Pollock must be on target and make smart decisions. Sikes wasn't much of a factor last year in the playoffs for cpa and they were still in the game until late in the 4th. For DCA, I see CPA getting WOODENIZED. (Yeah, i just made up a word). He always shows up in huge games. I think He's averaged over 9 yards a carry the past few games. HE IS BACK TO FORM(I was @ the FRA game). A big game here will boost his Mr. Football legitimacy greatly. We'll see if he can carry his team like last year. Add to that DCA's quarterback and the sheer massiveness of DCA's line and I bet DCA puts cpa in their place. My prediction is DCA 27 CPA 10. Gonna be a great game- can't wait. :unsure::(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my take on the game (if anyone cares):

-- CPA's defense has been hit by injuries the last 3 weeks and have struggled against the run. DCA has a strong running game. Running and time of possession advantage - DCA

-- CPA has been underdogs before against DCA and won all of those games. The only game they have lost was in the playoffs last year after beating DCA 2 weeks before rather easily. Underdogs do well in this game. History advantage - CPA

-- CPA wins by hitting home runs with Landers, Pollock and Sikes. Sikes had a bad game at DCA last year in playoffs. He and Landers will want to end their senior year against DCA strong and Sikes is very hard to defend. Big play advantage - CPA

-- Lots of seniors on each team. Advantage - Even

-- CPA has been 2 platooning all year, and are very tough in the 2nd half. Depth means less in high emotion games though. Slight advantage - CPA

-- CPA has played a tougher schedule, but DCA has done better against common opponents. Advantage - Even

-- Home field - Advantage - CPA

DCA should win based on overall team size and talent. Key for CPA is to keep game close (within 10) at half. CPA is strong 2nd half team due to 2 platoon system and youngger players maturing during game.

My prediction is CPA winning if they are not down by more than 10 at half. If they have to make up more than that in the 2nd half, I believe DCA wins.

I say CPA 31-28.

CPA has to stop DCA fron running consistently or it will be long night for the Lions. Davidson ran with alot of success against CPA but couldn't score but once. CPA has alot of young guys that start and their future is really bright, if DCA isn't able to take care of the Lions this year it might be awhile before they are able to.

Watched CPA play twice and DCA once. DCA's DBs are good , but are no match for Sikes speed and ability. Landers is the real deal and will be the back to watch in this game. As for CPA getting "Woodenized", Wooden has only had a handful of carries this season. It appears to me that he has lost a step or two.

Mr. Football ??????? Not this year. My prediction: CPA 35 DCA 14 Sound familiar?

CPA has the edge when it comes to the more athletic playmakes but DCA has a bigger and stronger line. This is going to be a big game this season in Single A but won't play much of a roll in who goes on in the playoffs. In my opinion the only significance this game has is to point out which one gets to beat the 1 seed from region 6. I'm sorry but i won't be attending this game due to the MUS/MBA game but it'll be good one. Good luck to both teams.

VERY good assessment DivePix. Couldn't have said it better myself. Hope to see you at the Den.

825386854[/snapback]

I'll be there. 50 yard line upper deck above ramp, 2nd row on aisle.

Always like your posts, unbiased. Remember this time last year? DCA undefeated, #1 in state, CPA 5 losses (3 by forfeit), at DCA, nobody can stop Wooden?

CPA shuts down Wooden and DCA completely that night. He gets his revenge in the playoffs. Landers runs wild.

Remember a poster named 4life from DCA talking trash? he never posted again after the game.

In playoffs, DCA makes what I believe was a very bad call going on 4th and 2 at midfield leading by a TD with 1 1/2 minutes to go. They get the first down, but it was a dumb call anyway and they lose Wooden to an injury on the play, probably costing them the state title. Percentage play is to punt and make CPA go 80-90 yards with a minute to go rather than risk giving up ball at midfield. With Wooden and other back healthy, I still believe they beat Boyd.

This week's game is big, but playoffs is a whole other season.