Can anybody beat Perry County?

PCGod

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are teams that can beat them, especially if they get the big heads like they did last year midway through the regular season. Summertown will be a fight, but they are not going beat, much less stomp Perry County, no matter how bad ladyfalcon wants them to. The teams that can beat Perry County pretty much lie in West Tennessee with Trenton Peabody, Gleason, and Dresden. Two of those three teams will make it to state and if Perry County has to face any of them, it's going to be some games you're not going to want to miss.

pistachio Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM

At Martin Westview's camp, Gleason beat the crap out of Perry Co.

Yes Gleason did beat the crap out of Perry County at the Martin Westview camp. But summer camp don't mean crap. I wasn't at the Gleason game but I heard from a ton of people that Perry County played like crap, and had already played 2 or 3 games that day and the main 5 were wore out. So the fact that Gleason beat them won't mean anything come season, because during season you only play one game and day.

Yes Gleason did beat the crap out of Perry County at the Martin Westview camp. But summer camp don't mean crap. I wasn't at the Gleason game but I heard from a ton of people that Perry County played like crap, and  had already played 2 or 3 games that day and the main 5 were wore out. So the fact that Gleason beat them won't mean anything come season,  because during season you only play one game and day.

825390637[/snapback]

I am a Gleason fan and would like to say I saw that game and the info pcgod gave is accurate. Half thier team ran during the scrimmage so you couldn't tell much. I will say Gleason stunk also.

If from a earlier post is accurate then if the main 5 is out or wore out, you're telling us that their bench is weak and how can you dominate with a weak bench? Sounds like excuses are already being made for even let downs this summer. Let their playing do the talking and from what I remember they will be good but they can and will suffer loses this year(even from single A schools)!

I cann't say at this point if they can beat PC or not but Frank Hughes is a new and improved team this year and for the first time in a very long time they are excited and ancious to play. Not making any excusses but last year PC won both meeting by a blowout but the margin of victory was probably decided by the number of points PC had from the line. If FH can cut down on the fouls that were actually fouls and the refs not call all the touch fouls like their known for in PC then the games played this year should be a dog fight. Granted PC still has the upper hand with experience with FH being lead by one senior and four sophomores. I like to call the sophomores the FAB FOUR and next year we should have the FAB FIVE JUNIORS. But never the less I'd like to wish all the teams in 12A the best of luck this season and hope you finish with no injuries and heads held high no matter how your season ends. Especially you girls at FHS.

GO LADY LIONS, YOU ROCK!!!

I cann't say at this point if they can beat PC or not but Frank Hughes is a new and improved team this year and for the first time in a very long time they are excited and ancious to play.  Not making any excusses but last year PC won both meeting by a blowout but the margin of victory was probably decided by the number of points PC had from the line.  If FH can cut down on the fouls that were actually fouls and the refs not call all the touch fouls like their known for in PC then the games played this year should be a dog fight.  Granted PC still has the upper hand with experience with FH being lead by one senior and four sophomores.  I like to call the sophomores the FAB FOUR and next year we should have the FAB FIVE JUNIORS.

825393005[/snapback]

I like to start by saying that I tried to refrain from posting, but I just couldn't help myself:

That entire post, with the exception of the thoughtful good luck wish at the end, was one good joke. It is nice to see the parents of their daughters get on here and make them out to be increadible, whether they name them specifically (which you did in another thread) or in a group (aka your FAB FOUR). Since apparently you have little to no basketball IQ (since you actually think that Clifton will be able to compete with the top teams in the district), I won't take your comments about Clifton improving as being serious, but as a parent wanting to believe something that is never going to happen. Get a new dream, because your dreams of Clifton being great are never going to become a reality. Unless.............. and I'm going to give you a little advice here which you can pass on to whoever needs to know it in Clifton, because I do feel somewhat bad about going off on you, but your comments in this post and in the other one left me no choice.

If you actually want to see the Clifton team improve (in the long run), firstly, someone needs to get them a coach in middle school that cares, because currently they don't have one and secondly, they need to get more girls invovled. I'm sure it is hard to practice sometimes when you can't even practice 5 on 5. Until someone in that community steps up and decides to actually work with these girls, they aren't going to get any better. If you look at the best programs in 12A, they are pretty consistent year end and year out. They have good middle school programs with good coaches, jr. pro and fall leagues, aau teams, open gym nights, ect.. They get their kids involved in the game and teach them early on about the rules and what they should be doing on the court before they ever even get to high school. You made a little comment (really you were just mocking me, but oh well) on the other post I made about the talent coming up in Perry County and Summertown and how they will be he forerunners of District 12A for a long time down the road. If you don't believe me, go check out the middle school programs in both towns (and compare them to Clifton's), and you will see for yourself what kind of talent they have because of all the development that they do early on.