High School Football Coach of the Year

tamirrt

I'm not just saying this because I play for Campbell County but just look at what he has accomplished. Dewayne Wells has went from two 1-9 seasons to a 3-7 season to a 7-3 season and is hosting a playoff game for the first time EVER! Not to mention that CC has never had a winning season either. He overcame all the people that told him he could never turn this place around. And I think that our Defensive Coordinator, David Wampler, should get some recognition also due to the fact that he led his defensive unit to 5 shutouts this season. GREAT JOB!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1a- Mt. Pleasant's coach (gotta respect what he has done with the Tigers this year)

2a- Fairview's Coach (wins 1st region title in 12 years and in his 1st year as a head coach)

3a- Greenbriar's Coach- (has put his team at the top of the 3a ranks)

4a- Tennesee High's coach- (an undefeated season is hard to come by over in east tennesee)

5a- McGavock's Coach- (no brainer here who would of though they would of made the playoffs let alone win the region)

sorry tamirrt but my 2A vote goes to Davis of POLK CO.  He has football in his genes and the coaching talent to back it up. he knows the game well and can motivate better than anyone i know. and as far as turning a program around since he came to polk he has produced playoff caliber teams, a big improvement from an 2-8 or lesser season history. i know, former player. Good luck tonight cats

Go POLK Go

825394832[/snapback]

I agree, BUT... It is LARRY DAVIS not Derrick who always has and always will run that team! As long as he is on the sidelines, he's The Coach. You being a "Former player" know it, too! :P

As much as I think George Quarles is a great coach. Ralph Nelson has to be the coach of the year. Sullivan East has always been a 2-8 or 1-9 team. Ralph Nelson has turned that program around. A good coach makes a difference. I bet after this season there will be more kids out for football at Sullivan East. Success breeds success.

825394882[/snapback]

Absolutely Correct