• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

Jan Zitney

What ever became of former Shelbyville guard Jan Zitney? I remember she had a brother who played baseball at MTSU. She was a great shooter & a great looking blonde.

I played high school basketball with her brother Steve at Shelbyville Central. A great guy and good friend. Not sure where Jan is now. She played on state championship team in 74.

Jan Zitney Bubb, here!  Thought it was interesting (and a bit amusing!) that someone out there wondered about my whereabouts!  After playing at MTSU and graduating with a B.S. degree with major in mathematics and minors in biology and secondary education, I taught high school mathematics (Alg I, Geometry, Alg II) for 15 years in a number of different states as my husband moved as promotions were offered.

Raised 3 wonderful sons.  Now have 8 grandchildren!!  (Two sets of twins, boy/girl; boy/girl to our youngest son!  What are the odds?)

Since 2009, I have been competing in the Senior Games (held odd years throughout our nation and must be 50 or older to compete) with a team from Colorado (that I joined during our stint in that state).  Been so much fun getting back out on the court again after a 30 year hiatus!  

Having played half-court 6-on-6 back in high school (Shelbyville Central High in Tennessee) before high school girls' basketball converted to full-court 5-on-5, that experience has given me a bit of a leg-up as the Senior Games' basketball game is a half-court, 3-on-3, affair!  Still putting Bobby Locke's 3-on-3 triangle offense into play as it is hard to beat if a team has 3 shooters!  ;)

That's about it!