Scouting Report 5A Region 7-8 West TN

DoubleJJ199

The West unlike the East has teams that are very competitive. The west doesnt have 4 teams in on region that are like 6-0 b/c they beat the worst three teams in the area. There are so many good teams up here this year that it is impossible for someone to dominate. In the East you have teams like smyrna who get knocked off like 65-10 but they are ranked liked 3rd in the state. There is some awesome competition up there? Im not taking anything away from Riverdale but some of the teams they have played are awful. They are a very talented team but it wont be as easy as "yall" pansies think.

West teams and their strenghts

Bolton-great defense and big running offense

Cordova-massive lineman with quickeness...pre season all american o-lineman

plus one of the top running backs in the city...son of the "X'man"

Millington-awesome running attack...average around 350 on the ground

Germantown-young linebackers but incredible defense...great rushing game but young qb

Houston-incredible big play defense...off and on offense...excellent special teams

Collierville-mediocre defense but big play offense with Brian Hall

Whitehaven- one of the most athletic teams that you will ever see

Now "ooooo's predictions are totally whack...how do u leave a Houston team out of the playoff's who is currently 7-2 and put a 5-4 whitehaven team in...this just shows you that if you dont know what ur talkin bout shut up

The last playoff spot in this region is gonna come down to the Collierville Whitehaven game...my pick is whitehaven bc they will force him to be a true qb something that he cant be...if collierville loses they are packing there bags

Region 8

Seed 1 Collierville if they when...if they lose Houston

Seed 2 Houston... if Collierville wins

Seed 3 Germantown

Seed 4 White Station

Region 7

Seed 1 Cordova

Seed 2 Bolton

Seed 3 Millington

Seed 4 Bartlett

Be warned with possible upsets this friday these brackets could totally change but there shouldn't be too many surprises...Good Luck to everyone across the state and dont hesitate to drop a line giving a shout out to ur School

Smyrna is in middle Tenneessee but I guess that is east of ya'll anyway.

Looks like there is a lot of parity out west. Seems like everytime a team looks to be the one to beat they get beat the next week. Germantown started out that way, then dropped, Houston took over then dropped, White Station moved up then dropped, Collierville took over then dropped, Now Germantown takes over.

Cordova has looked very strong against the other big boys Millington and Bolton. But even they have not been dominant.

There seems to be a lot of truth to your assessment besides the reference to middle Tenneessee. Whatever the case our side of the bracket will be the underdog come the championship game. By the way, lots of equality in regions 5 and 6 this year as well.