Brentwood Academy vs. MBA

tastyoats

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From waht I can tell the games story line will be; can BA"s offense score enough points against a very good MBA defense (strength of MBA's team). Can Parker Cason's return soldify the BA defense enough aganist the run so the BA front four can put pressure on the MBA qb in passing situations. Can BA's offnese mount a running attack if so the BA quick strike passing game may be able to hit a couple of big plays.

Can BA's defensive backs cover the MBA receivers or can BA pressure hurry the MBA qb?

Both teams appear to be hitting their playoff stride and will consider this game as the beginning of the playoffs.

...and we're off!

This should be a great one. Does not count in the region standings, but both teams would rather win this one than any other on their schedule. BA is back up to full strength at last, and has been flying under the radar this year. The big win over Baylor gave them a needed shot of confidence. MBA has dominated DII competitioin until a dose of reality on Friday against a strong MUS team. They have also gotten some guys back from injuries.

I remember the 8th grade game between thes two senior classes. Cason and Griffin were both injured for BA, and played sparingly. The game went into overtime tied 0-0, and BA pulled it out. Both teams have added some talent since then, as well as underclassman strength, but I certainly would not be surprised to see another close battle.

This is definitely the biggest rivalry in the state. Last year's game was mentioned as the feature game of the week in USA Today. This is one of the most classic cross town rivalries in the nation. If you aren't planning to go once again the game will be played on Comcast. I hope you all will check it out. This year's game will be faught in the trenches. Expect it to be close.

Maybe we can merge the threads: MBA-BA Thread

825398141[/snapback]

Sorry, I looked at the first 3 pages on the board and didn't see anything, so I went ahead and posted.

I'll offer my pick later in the week, but I will say that I wish I could be there, and will definitely come home if the two teams meet again in the playoffs (hopefully in the Clinic Bowl).

Go Eagles!!

Who will win the latest episode in an epic battle for Tennessee supremacy?  I can't wait to get some discussion going between some of the finest posters on this site.  In the meantime, I'll go back to study some Western Civ.

825398136[/snapback]

Wes, 241 or 242? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this game. I think we can all agree that this will be a close fought battle. Hopefully, MBA can refocus after a tough loss Friday night. BA definitely has momentum after two straight blow out wins. Can't wait for this one.