how do yall think westview will do in the playoffs

chargers57

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they meet again Huntingdon wins easily. The first game was an anomoly. Put Huntingdon back in that position again in a semifinal game and I don't think it would be pretty. But then again i'm biased.  :blink:

825404657[/snapback]

Huntingdon wins easy? Riiight. Not in a million yrs. They'll be lucky if they even beat Westview the second time. Westview has played the best football of any team in west tn for the past 7 weeks and it will continue. These boys play with heart. They don't depend on one guy every victory is a team effort. They practice hard each and every practice and it shows on friday nights. However I'm not going to say much more than what I already have because actions speak louder than words. You'll see it for yourself when these two teams meet again the playoffs.

Huntingdon wins easy? Riiight. Not in a million yrs. They'll be lucky if they even beat Westview the second time. Westview has played the best football of any team in west tn for the past 7 weeks and it will continue. These boys play with heart. They don't depend on one guy every victory is a team effort. They practice hard each and every practice and it shows on friday nights. However I'm not going to say much more than what I already have because actions speak louder than words. You'll see it for yourself when these two teams meet again the playoffs.

1 game at a time thumb

Chargerman I used to respect your insight, but the "not in a million years" is a very bold statement. you have to remember that this is high school football and many milan fans were saying the same things last year.

so before you go off thinking DearOldDad is making a pie in the sky statement, take a look at your own posts.. it would sure be a shame if your chargers were to get smoked somewhere down the line, and all you have to look back is all the empty promises you made.

and to all you martin folks talking about this "all the way" stuff ALREADY.. you better take it one game at a time or you might be sitting in a parking lot crying in a few weeks.

i'll only say this.. if there is a rematch between huntingdon and westview don't bet the whole farm on martin westview. alot of football will have been played if and when this game comes around and neither team is be the same as the first time.

Edited by darkglow

Chargerman I used to respect your insight, but the "not in a million years" is a very bold statement. you have to remember that this is high school football and many milan fans were saying the same things last year.

so before you go off thinking DearOldDad is making a pie in the sky statement, take a look at your own posts.. it would sure be a shame if your chargers were to get smoked somewhere down the line, and all you have to look back is all the empty promises you made.

and to all you martin folks talking about this "all the way" stuff ALREADY.. you better take it one game at a time or you might be sitting in a parking lot crying in a few weeks.

i'll only say this.. if there is a rematch between huntingdon and westview don't bet the whole farm on martin westview. alot of football will have been played if and when this game comes around and neither team is be the same as the first time.

825405661[/snapback]

Darkglow, you're right. Perhaps I was a bit outta line with the not in a million years part. I kinda forgot where we were. In this part of tn nothing is certain. I honestly think that Westview and Huntingdon are the best teams in West tn. I would love to see the chargers come out on top but with Huntingdon being so good and full of suprises I can't tell which way this game will go if it happens. However I'm not really concerned with that at this point. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I think Westview will go to the finals this year. But, if not, I will support any other West TN team as far as they can go into the playoffs. Reading this thread has been refreshing because of so many other comments from 7AA fans who have also said they will pull for the West representative in the playoffs. I think it speaks volumes about the respect we have for each other's programs and the pride we share in 7AA, the toughest region in the State. NO jealousy, just leave it all on the field and shake hands afterwards.