Zook fired at Florida

Bill#49

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

I wonder who the new coach will be?  Three guesses and the first two don't count.  The "evil genius" returns to the sidelines.

825400412[/snapback]

Hard to believe a team would fire a coach for losing a few games. If he were at bearden everyone would just say he had no tallent wasnt his fault.

How long will be before this thread is moved?

825400427[/snapback]

I knew as soon as the game was over Saturday he was done at Florida, they aren't going to settle for SEC losses. He already has 3, Tennessee, LSU, and Miss St. which is just awful.

They were talking about the coach of Utah, being a good coach to go to Florida, today on espnnews.

Hard to believe a team would fire a coach for losing a few games.  If he were at bearden everyone would just say he had no tallent wasnt his fault.

825400422[/snapback]

A few games? He was 12-6 at home and our 'good years' were 8-5. We'll be lucky to win more than 2 games the rest of this season.

One can only hope that Steve has more sense than to come back to Florida. Steve has had the best connections in the country for recruiting high school athletes. His years at Florida are bigger than life and that came at a big price in time and coaching staff. To try and put that back together again is a bigger task than fans realize. It was not just Steve but his web of contacts and staff that got him where he was on top.

Of course to most fans, they believe with Steve, anything is possible and the good times will come immediately. Steve made a bad decision to go to the Redskins and I suspect he will make a bad decision again. It won't be the same animal that he would come back to.

He has more to gain by going to another university willing to turn their program around with a huge investment in Steve. He will not have to produce as much championships, receive the same money and not have to work as hard at it. The guy is older and that plays a big part. IF he goes back to Florida and fails.............failure is defined by four losses or more in a regular season, Steve's legacy will be at risk much like Paterno's sad state of affairs or lack of a mental state, whichever you prefer. The smart move is to go to another school like Lou Holtz did where a winning season is great and a championship run is expected but not at all costs. thumb

One can only hope that Steve has more sense than to come back to Florida. Steve has had the best connections in the country for recruiting high school athletes. His years at Florida are bigger than life and that came at a big price in time and coaching staff. To try and put that back together again is a bigger task than fans realize. It was not just Steve but his web of contacts and staff that got him where he was on top.

Of course to most fans, they believe with Steve, anything is possible and the good times will come immediately. Steve made a bad decision to go to the Redskins and I suspect he will make a bad decision again. It won't be the same animal that he would come back to.

He has more to gain by going to another university willing to turn their program around with a huge investment in Steve. He will not have to produce as much championships, receive the same money and not have to work as hard at it. The guy is older and that plays a big part. IF he goes back to Florida and fails.............failure is defined by four losses or more in a regular season, Steve's legacy will be at risk much like Paterno's sad state of affairs or lack of a mental state, whichever you prefer. The smart move is to go to another school like Lou Holtz did where a winning season is great and a championship run is expected but not at all costs. thumb

825400751[/snapback]

Steve does not think that way. Steve believes he can do anything. His ego will likely lead him back to Florida, in my opinion.

texas, that's just a given how Steve's ego is huge. I know what he wants to do, but that does not mean it's the right choice. I'm very interested to see if Florida is really wanting him back. When they look into those tired eyes of his, they may see a different Steve Spurrior than they remembered. People are just different when they hit his age and fail miserably after high expectations. I don't think he's above close scrutiny.

Edited by ERA

I bet Phil Fulmer is kicking himself over this one. He got greedy and beat Florida one too many times. You would think he'd be happy with every other year and that way Zook would stay around. Oh well, we all knew this would happen. He probably never even unpacked all of his stuff so it shouldn't take long to move out. Maybe they'll give Ingle his starting job back.