Kirk Haston

bballfan04

what happened to him? i know he played basketball at PC, and then went to Indiana, and did really good, i think he got drafted by the hornets? (not sure about that), and i was just wondering what hes doin now....

825406832[/snapback]

Kirk got let go by the Hornets last spring. He was plagued by injuries in his two-plus NBA seasons. He is quite often in Henderson with his grandparents and is frequently seen working out at Freed-Hardeman's fine facilities. He played summer ball with the Suns, I believe, and still hopes to find an NBA team that could use a 6'10" kid that can shoot. He is reluctant to play overseas because of his grandparents, virtually the only family he has left.

Kirk got let go by the Hornets last spring.  He was plagued by injuries in his two-plus NBA seasons.  He is quite often in Henderson with his grandparents and is frequently seen working out at Freed-Hardeman's fine facilities.  He played summer ball with the Suns, I believe, and still hopes to find an NBA team that could use a 6'10" kid that can shoot.  He is reluctant to play overseas because of his grandparents, virtually the only family he has left.

825412440[/snapback]

yea, thats a sad story about his family, there was an article about it in Sports Illustrated a few years ago... but he did have a really good college career with Indiana, hopefully, he will be able to find a spot on a team in the NBA.

I read where Kirk got picked up by someone (can't remember who) in September, but he got cut on October 28.  I guess that makes him a free agent again.  I sure hope he "sticks" somewhere.  He's a great guy!

825416474[/snapback]

Kirk was waived by Philadelpia on Oct. 25th according to NBA.com. I agree with you. I hope he does get picked up by somebody.