District 10AA basketball

BornToBall

Waverly, Cheatham, Montgomery Central, Harpeth, Stewart, Creekwood, and Sycamore.......

If i was a betting man...i would take waverly as the district champs....they have 4 of their 5 starters back....and they are gonna be tough....a problem for them may be their bench though....those 5 guys are gonna get tired sometime throughout their games...

Cheatham should be a top contender also especially with noel smith back...and his 4 year playing experience helps too......bowers leaving is gonna hurt because he guarded all of the star players...but then again are there any star players in this district anyways? except for maybe 1 or 2

Montgomery Central is pretty underrated......they have a group of guys that are gonna step up this year and they will win some games.....yes they did lose burney and bearden....but they have 2 or 3 guards that will take their place....they will play more as a team this year than they have in a long time

Harpeth is the most overrated team in the district....they lost goodwin and that is gonna hurt badly......do they even have anybody that is gonna be able to step up? they lost dansby and they may play more as a team...but who knows.....this team could be a horrible team...but then again they could be an awesome team.....depends on the coaching

Stewart should be pretty decent.....they always have a group of guys who go out and bust their butt on the floor.....they may not have the most talented bunch....but im sure they will make that up with effort put forth that i doubt anyone in the district will have....they hustle....and thats what u have to do to be a good team....im anxious to see them

Creekwood looked really good in summer camp....they are gonna be a top contender....they put good pressure on the ball.....and they hustle their butts off.....thay have some pretty good guards but im not sure about the posts.....who knows what will happen with this team

Sycamore of course is always a top contender.......they always have a team that can shoot lights out.....they will live and die by the 3 pointer.....but it has never seemed to fail in the past.....look for them to have a good team again this year and make a good run in the tourny

tell me what u guys think

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this district will be very competitive. My predictions are

1st waverly

2nd sycamore

3rd creekwood

4th-7th up for grabs

waverly- is led by probably the most athletic player in ricco ralston, they have hollis banging down low, they also have the uncanny shooting of johnathon leonard

and have a great slasher in curtis reid

sycamore-saw them this summer they have some depth they played 10 people and beat mostly everyone they played. The strength of their team would definitely have to be their inside out game . They are led by Josh Barksdale and Brian Bullard. They both take over games when it matters most.

Creekwood- they are led by jody derra and terrance darden and rob groves. jody is the all around point who does it all. Terrance is the general of the team. AND Rob is the shooter. They have some young post players who will be decent.

Stewart- They have a slasher who i believe is only a sophmore. They also have jamie patterson and some big strong guy handling the post. They will do their high low game to death.

Harpeth-people love cody davis but this team is robderricks team. Harpeth should be a little down but look for them to make noise come tournament time.

Montgomery Central-Is a team that will get after and bust their tails for 32 mins. i heard their best player dropped out and had a baby any truth to this

Cheatham-losing bowers will hurt them tremendously. people love noel smith but he shoots way to many threes he will hit 5 a game but on 15 atttmepts thats not to good. They have good role players in brink, davidson,and moss.

Montgomery is not underrated, they are the way they are and that is horrible. They have no one that can score game in and game out.

Harpeth is the one that is underrated. Even though they lost their best player and shooter, they still have guys that can beat u. Rob Derrick is one of the best gaurds in our district, and Cody Davis is a very good, strong post player.

I agree about Waverly, they do have a very good starting five, but the question is there bench play. Do they have it or not?

Cheatham will be very good this year, even with the loss of Bowers. On defense they will miss him the most, but offense they play better as a team.

Creekwood will be the sleeper. Their strength is the gaurd play, but they have a weakness down low.

Sycamore will good this year. They dont have a go to guy like they have had the past 4 years, but anybody on their team can lead in scoring in any game.

Stewart will be the team to make upsets. They will slow the tempo down with a zone defense and will run their offense forever until they get what they want.

Statebound your an idiot you have no clue whats going on.  I would like to know what everyone thinks about the districts and who are each teams key players.

825413640[/snapback]

ILovePepBand, how do you have any right to call someone an idiot? If anybody is an idiot then you are. You are the one that doesn't know what he's talking about. You have Creekwood in 3rd place, and saying that 4th-7th is up for grabs. Creekwood will be pretty good but not 3rd place good. Waverly is the favorite for 1st but that's not a given. Sycamore will be tough as they always are and will contend for the top spot. I think you are way off on Cheatham. They will be very solid. They're starting five is very good. And you're crazy if you say that Noel Smith will only hit 5 of 15. Obviously you don't know anything because last year he led the midstate in 3 pointers made and shot about 46% from 3-point land. That's making almost half of your 3 pointers. Since you play in 10aa, what do you shoot from behind the arc? Good post Statebound15, pretty acurate and well scouted. I agree with what you said about Montgomery Central. They won't be very good at all. Stewart will be better, but will still be at the bottom of the district. I agree with you in the fact that everyone is overlooking Harpeth. They will be solid and will contend for a top 4 spot. Can't wait for the season. It's just a couple of weeks away. Good luck to all.

Edited by scanooni22

honestly i believe than any of these teams could win against any other team in the district on any given night....the teams that lack as much talent are going to play harder than the ones with talent.....so that could make up for their lack of talent.....this is going to be a very interesting year for this district because most everything is up for grabs.....its whoever works the hardest and whoever has the best coaching and who is prepared......it comes down to that.....of course we know that waverly and cheatham are going to be contenders for the top spots....but it wouldnt surprise me if some of those teams at the bottom come up and surprise those 2 or 3 that are supposed to be good.......itll be exciting to see if there will be many upsets and who the surprise team will be this season....cant wait