Cookeville vs. Lebanon

Fuggly63

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words region.

Cookeville played an outstanding game tonight. As much as it hurts, they deserved it. I just wish we could have given them a better game.

That was Lebanon's worst performance of the season. I feel that if you put these two teams on the field again, the outcome could very well be different. But you only get one shot in the playoffs. The Blue Devil line, the strongest part of the team all season, just couldn't get it done tonight.

Lebanon, you have nothing to be ashamed of. I know I speak for shaggy, hegotgame, and all the other Lebanon fans when I say we are very, very proud of you guys. Hold your heads up, you gave us a great season, the best in ten years.

To the seniors: I hope you guys were proud to wear the white and blue. Excellent careers all around. Best of luck to all of you, especially those of you playing at the next level.

To the rest: Take a breather, then strap it on and get ready for next season.

Let's go Riverdale! Do it for Region 4!

Awesome win Cavs!!

Amazing how we had about 15 pages of people bashing Cookeville and not giving us a chance in the world to win..but when its all over and done with...Cookeville comes out on top...and the bashers quickly leave!!!

On to Riverdale...i can honestly say that Cookeville has wanted to play Riverdale for quite sometime. I know when i was a senior back in 2002 and we wanted to play them. Now, yall get that chance to prove to the whole state that Cookeville is the real deal and that Riverdale is just a normal school.

If yall come out next week the same way yall did this week...there is no doubt we cant get a victory!!

WE are behind you 100%!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB COOKEVILLE!!!!!!

cookeville has the best front 7 on defense that i have seen all year. those boys took it to our O line the way they did the first game.

Lebanon made 3 huge errors that blew the whole game wide open. the bad snap in the 3rd quarter that gave the cavs the ball on the 5. not being able to punch it in from the one(everyone down there said it was in which wouldn't suprise since that ref missed several obvious calls all night). the willie mays catch attempt on the free kick after the safety putting the ball deep in our own zone. in other words we didn't play smart, and we paid for it. remember cookeville scored 2 times in the second half. once after the bad snap on a punt and the other on an INT. we beat ourselves in the second half.

seniors: you guys had a great run. you helped turn a program around that was in the dumps. people say that this was the best team they have seen in 15 years and that was because of you guys. i am so proud of what you have done this year. i know all of your parents feel the same way.

Jake you played a great game last night, and i wish you could've played more. i love you and am very proud. i hope i'll be able to see you play next year, and that goes for all the seniors.

go riverdale and region 4.

Congrats to both teams last night. The score really doesn't say how close the game really was. The cavs got a few breaks last night, the same breaks they will need next week to defeat Riverdale. Good luck next week, Cookeville. I'll be their supporting you the whole way.

bigballer93, where you at???? You have got to be the worst Blue Devil fan. At least Shaggy and these other guys will get on here and defend their team after the loss. Didn'd you predict lebanon to score 49 points????

Anyway, good luck to Lebanon next year, and congratulations on a great season this year.

Guest region4fan

Shaggy and Blackandbluedevil....both of your posts saluting your team were totally from the heart and very inspirational. Exactly what your boys need to hear from two of the most loyal fans that a program could ever hope to have.

Shaggs.......your special note to Jake was VERY touching. He is lucky to have you and your support.

I always had a soft spot for both of you guys.....and just want you to know you are both class acts all the way ( you too hegotgame!). We would welcome you at OHS any time if you are ever in the mood for a HS game and can't make it to an LHS one. Heck, I will even buy you both a ticket and a Dog !! I sure remember those days in college and the empty pockets............Hopefully you will still stay actice on Coacht as I would miss you both.

yeah you beat yourselves in the second half, but even if you dont, the score is still 13-8, wait no it would be 13-2 cuz you wouldnt have had a chance to score that late TD on the 2nd or 3rd string defense.  you screwed up t the wrong time, and cookeville made you pay, but you guys had a great season, and good luck next year!

GO CAVS!!  you guys played a very inspired game and the defense came out determined not to let Leb. score.  Gus played a great game, going over 100 yards for the second time this season against the blue devils.  what about that free kick after that safety?  i can honestly say that there was no "willie Mays attempt" at that ball, because the deep men had to turn and run so hard to catch up to the ball before it got to the goalline.  It was a 75+ yard kick, granted it was with the wind but, DANG!!!

Lets see if we cant go out there and score a td on the first poss. of the game against the Warriors and try to control their O from there!

825431366[/snapback]

do you even know what a willie mays catch is????

Guest Oakland
Shaggs, are you talking about Adam Elrod??( the frosh who played varsity this yr?)

825431376[/snapback]

now what other elrod do you know region? :P shags, you need to become a plus member. us region 4 plus members had some rather good threads going on last winter and hopefully this winter will hold true as well. plus you get to hear me and region say a million times how good oakland is going to be next year :unsure: