Randy Sanders

Gerry Bertier

I'll mark you on it, but I sure don't agree with it.

When a man wins a National Championship, he's got some leverage. It's madness to expect a 13-0 season every year...he's still one of the best recruiters in the country and we're going to be set at the QB position for the next 7 years (Crompton and then Jimmy Clausen).

He got a win over Richt this season and there's no reason to believe we won't see him repeat that for the next couple of years. The Vols are back in the middle of the NC hunt in 2006 if not next year.

825483039[/snapback]

I agree I think Caoch Fulmer is there as long as he is in good health or wants to be there! If they get a win in the Cotton Bowl they will finish in the top #15 and would think with all the returning players next season some preseason magazines will have them in the top 10 to start the year and should be favored to win the SEC.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, agreed! Where did any of us think the Vols would finish before the season began. East division champions? Nope. Top twenty? Doubtful. I was hoping for 7-4 or hopefully 8-3 considering what Peyton and Casey did as freshman quarterbacks. LSU and Georgia will still return alot of starters, but I like the Vols chances the next 2 years!

Yeah, how do you draw up plays for a QB with no legs, a questionable arm and looks like a girl when he runs...................Casey Clausen :(

That would make any OC look like an idiot ;)

825423877[/snapback]

and you talk about me, give me a break! Clausen was not that bad and you just personally attacked him so say nothing about me

You guys are talking this year and the past and not focusing on the train wreck ahead. If Spurrier coached SC this year, do we beat them? If Meyere coached Fla this year, do we beat them? If Erickson coached Mississippi this year, do we beat them? This is what we have to look forward to for the forseeable future. It's gonna be hard as heck to get outta the SEC with a undefeated season, THEN win a National Championship. I will say, if you can win the SEC this next few years, you probably win the Nat Championship though.

Sanders isn't going anywhere.... Fulmer is too loyal and I believe overrides Sanders in several calls as it is.. Great season considering we started two true freshmen then ended the reg season with the third string qb.. Who would of thought that we would have been in the hunt for the sec title as the season began? Phil does a great job year in and year out... A nother National Championship is a coming!!!! It won't happen but, It would be nice to have Cutcliff back though...

Edited by Voldawg