Randy Sanders

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt anyone notice the fire and passion that new RB's coach Trooper Taylor brought to the team this year? I think he has been very good for the program!

825499053[/snapback]

I think he's one of the reasons why we were so successful this year...I was glad we picked this guy up....There needs to be more coaches like him in the NCAA.

Could not agree more,but what about that defense,if you can call it that?

825499260[/snapback]

Year in and year out, Tennessee provides one of the top Defenses in the nation with the wisdom of John Chavis leading the way, I just think we had a down year on the defensive side of the ball and also the Offense put the defense in bad position alot with turnovers! In the first game that UT and Auburn played, out of Auburns 6 scoring drives 3 were from less than 50 yards! UT has to protect the ball better on offense and if you will look, you will see that in games where UT didnt turn the ball over that much if any, they were very successful on defense! Look, you take away a few turnovers in the first Auburn game and one in the Notre Dame game and UT could have possibly went into Atlanta as the undefeated team?

Could not agree more,but what about that defense,if you can call it that?

825499260[/snapback]

Chavis likes to play an aggressive style defense. Unfortunately this year, with such a young secondary, he had to play more conservative style to protect the DBs. If Allen returns and we have some experience back there, the D could be really good next year.