UNAKA

buffcoach

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Storm im not really concerned with Unaka and their "little bubble". Im just going on from what I saw last year !! And if you dont mind me askin, how good is this Cloudland team your talking so good about ?? Will they really have the potental to overcome the state champs ?? And I dont need a girl to walk me down the hall, I have something alittle better...its called a wife. And also from what I saw Cloudlands starters will want to come out because they wont to be able to take the pressure and will wont to lay down and just wait for the Ranger Wreckin Crew to step on your throats and take the game with ease. but this is just from what ive seen !!

P.S. I dont know what you guys are thinking up at that end of the state. I saw, Temple, Grace, CPA, Boyd ( I think they were up playing CSAS and I didnt really get a good look at them), this summer and all you eastern TN teams better get your act together, becasue all the teams down this way are pretty tough. Just thought I would let you in on that little secret.....But im going to make it an effort to read in the paper or on here to see who won between these two teams ( Unaka vs. Cloudland).....

Campbelle 2,  "Where have you been hiding."  How are things at Sneedville?

825426540[/snapback]

I have been an assistant on the Lincoln Memorial University men's basketball staff the the past few years. Coach Tungate took a job at Oakland University a D-1 school in his home state of Michigan. I have chosen to take a year off and watch my children play at Hancock County High School. I will weigh my options at the end of this season and might apply for another college job. It has been illegal for me to comment on this board the past couple of years, but I'm currently legal. I hope Rusty does well at LMU. I will always be thankful for my opportunity at LMU. Go Railsplitters and Rusty Chambers and Brad Seal the Northeast Tennessee connections.

I'm not a player, but I know this

we will sweep Unaka with perfect bliss

to the boro you will not repeat

before then you will all get beat :o

you're not the same team, no you're not

come off cloud 9, you're not so hot

come back to earth lil volleyball

no girl will walk with you down the hall

Cloudland will leave you lying on the floor

while Possom and Cody continue to score

McCann will beg and Cline will cry

then Ned will pull his starters with a sigh

Stoney Creek is nothing but rubble

volleyballer, I hate to bust your bubble

you will be exposed for the loser you are

while the Landers continue to flash their star

825439524[/snapback]

Twas the night before Christmas and all things were norm

Some folks were still wishing, especially old storm

All the stockings were hung on the mantle and wall

Except at Unaka, where their sets a gold ball

Why couldn't I be a Ranger, said Storm 55

I don't have a gold ball, oh Santa he cried.

I can't stand the sight of that big bad maroon

But when games are on the line, I know we are doomed

We've tried to be silent and stopped all my bragging

But the Rangers are quick that sometimes we're left dragging

I hate when they fast break, I hate when they press

I hate those state champions, oh this I confess.

I'll speak no more words, I'll just get back to work

Posting on Coach T, and playing the part of a jerk

And laying my finger beside of my snout

Deep down in my mind, they're was never no doubt.

I heard Santa say as he drove out of sight,

Merry Christmas my buddy, for I know you're not right

Merry Christmas Coach T, Merry Christmas to all

For Storm he has nothing, while the Rangers have the

Gold Ball

Edited by starman

Yes you do have a golden ball

but that is in the past

this year is a new team afterall

and they have a different cast

volleyball has a wife

now we all know

he takes all this seriously

cause he has no where to go

But on a serious note

I know the Landers will win

and Starman will have to write about it

again again and again

Just remember and don't be fooled

Starman and Santa look alike

one only gives a hard time

the other might give you a bike :o

Merry Christmas, Starman

I would continue miss daizee

but you see I'm much too lazy

you personally know ole storm

he doesn't fall in with the norm

You see we are no.1 fans

from coacht I've recieved numerous bans

I keep coming back for more

so these threads won't be such a bore

you see as we continue as Landers

we must combat all the slanders

and back the boys the best we can

you know me daizee, I am the man

so I hope to see you at the next game

there I might even tell you my name

Starman and I will even shake hands

his poetry his great, he deserves a gold band

Edited by Storm55

I have seen a lot of posts not giving Unaka a chance to repeat.  I would like to say never count them out.  Why??  The system.  Its all about the system.  As long as the Ensors are up on the creek, they will be competetive.  The press they run is a system that allows average players to play great.  That is what carried them last year.  The bad news for other teams is they have better players to put into the system this year.  Just a warning.

825426369[/snapback]

I wouldn't try to justify the quality of a team on here. They can do it on the court and the season will tell the truth. Good luck, they'll need it.

IUnaka can be as good this year as last or better, if they play as a team. Best Coaching staff I have ever seen. There are great athletes on this team. The ball handling from Cline and McCann will be outstanding. Reaves can help outside and in. They have the biggest and best looking post in the conference, Holtsclaw (has he had any offers to collage yet?). Josh L, MaInturff, C. Buckles, A. Greer, and T Blevins and others, some one will step up and take the spot. A. Buckles or some one will be a key player in being able to come in and give Holtsclaw a break. Rangers all the way to state again? Got the talent do they have the luck? Best of luck to all the players and coaches. Last year is over hear we go again. :P

One Fan

"IUnaka can be as good this year as last or better, if they play as a team."Your kidding me right ? Was you at the same ball game as everyone else was the other night?Knox Bearden is not even one of the top 10 teams out of Knoxville.Even the year before last Unaka team would have won that game by 15 the other night. So many things the other night missed boxouts no help defense bad shot selections. Unaka has no one who can just step up and takeover a ball game.The depth on there bench will be a big factor once they get down to the regionals or substate because Unaka has one post player and when he gets tired or in foul trouble they are in trouble.When Unaka's shots were not falling you saw no hustle lack of effort on the denfensive end wide open shots not being contested alot of things that separate this years team from last years team they had depth last year didnt see it the other night they had all kinds of scoring last year didnt see it the other night and the most shocking thing I didnt see was there bench Unaka has one player they can bring off the bench of a spark and that is #24 he plays hard and for the exception of him no one else seemed to be impressive in the other nights game.Best 2 teams talent wise in that tournamet was Unicoi and Knox Bearden.

So One Fan you gotta ask yourself one question does Unaka have the team to really compete for another state title? THINK ABOUT IT :lol:

Edited by pandora9