CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

Cavs >>>if you don't believe in your kids, then how can they ?? So support them no matter what. You ca be sure that the Rdale fans are behind their boys 150%!!

825431818[/snapback]

WELL I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYONE IN COOKEVILLE THAT IS NOT SUPPORTING THEIR TEAM. EVERYONE WILL BE THERE FRIDAY NIGHT AND MAYBE YOU CAN GAUGE COOKEVILLE'S SUPPORT THEN!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people have never seen Riverdale play, have you.

Cookeville would have bring their A++++++++++++ game, while Riverdale would have to bring their Z- game.

825431916[/snapback]

Cookeville sure did not have to bring their A++++++++++++++++ game for you. Maybe you should keep your bias and uneducated post off this board. You said the same thing last week aganist Lebanon. So do not be bitter that you got beat take it like a MAN.

Can anyone comment on the condition of Riverdale's field? Is it still in good shape after the past two home games? How does the water drain off the field, because I think it may be a wet field this Friday night. Could play a big advantage to one of the teams.

825432016[/snapback]

Field is in pretty good shape as R'dale only had 4 home games before the playoffs. The water drains pretty good without a large amount of rock under it so it is not like hitting concrete.

I am really looking forward to seeing Cookeville play as I have not had the oportunity to see them yet this year.

Good luck to both teams and NO injuries to either of them in the game!

Yep, the field should be in pretty good shape. I think the atmosphere will be great for this game - two teams with one loss between them.

However, this matchup probably has the least history and tension between the teams than any other in 5A this week, what with Brentwood - Franklin, DB - OR, and two teams from Germantown playing each other. Should be quite a night in 5A.

Riverdale[/url'>' date='Nov 14 2004 - 05:52 PM']Yep, the field should be in pretty good shape.  I think the atmosphere will be great for this game - two teams with one loss between them. 

However, this matchup probably has the least history and tension between the teams than any other in 5A this week, what with Brentwood - Franklin, DB - OR, and two teams from Germantown playing each other.  Should be quite a night in 5A.

Don't bet on this game not having much tension. By Fri., Rankin will have stirred something up to rile Cookeviile and Coach Joslin up.

WC dogg............For someone who was all worked up about no one giving WC any respect or hope, you are sure acting like a jerk to Cookeville. Ease up man.

825431931[/snapback]

Worked up? You got the wrong person. I called Cookeville beating WCHS before it even happened. I'm just honest about my teams limitations, and not like one of these people who are going out on a limb to guarantee a 13 point win against Riverdale. <_< That's ignornace arrogance. There is no way you can guarantee a 13 point win against a team who has given up 8 points in their last 10 ten games in one of the states toughest regions.

Well this game is gonna be a good one. i think cookeville proved something with its win over lebanon. i know cookeville has a chance to win this game. Riverdale is good but no one is untouchable, thats why they play the games. when i heard the 0-0 announcement from halftime at the cookeville game last friday night i got excited for this week. should be entertaining.

I think people are forgeting that cookeville is very capable of passing, just havent had to as much since paxton is red hot. and that cookeville swarms inside the box, to runners. and they have a lot of interceptions the last couple of games (not sure exactly i think 12 thew last 4 games but dont quote me i havent checked their website lately.)

Cookeville earned respect last week and deserves it. riverdale will come in with the big head, they did last year, although we didnt win i think they were suprised with our will and how we would do anything (every trick play ever) to win.

as for disgusted fan, again, that was a terrible display if you are a cav fan then you believe in your team especially a year like this when they have done everything to prove people wrong. you can post what you want but i think it is shady, regardless of odds against them, its still your team, or so you say. but livingston and smith county play so feel free to go root for them.

Cookeville is a very good team. They surprised the heck out of me last week against our boys. I don't think any reasonably objective poster would have predicted a 3 TD win by either team. I do think that CHS definitely played one of their best games, and LHS played one of their worst.

I probably shouldn't expect this game to be a blowout either. But I believe Riverdale will win.

They have the athletes.

They have the experience.

They have the home field.

They had a subpar first half and still beat a very good Smyrna team 35-0.

Cookeville had a tremendous game and beat a Lebanon team that couldn't do anything right 28-8.

The Cavs are definitely coming off a big win, but after getting this revenge, I would be worried about coming out flat. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

I understand that you can't pick against your team. However, logically and objectively, there is no reason to pick against the Warriors in this one.

Riverdale 35

Cookeville 7

Go Region 4! Avenge the Wildcats and the Devils, U of R!

Okay, nobody is going to beat Riverdale guaranteed!!!!!! Cookeville will be super lucky to score a freakin' safety or field goal. Cookeville is the most boring and frustrating team I have ever seen in my life. They run 3 plays a game. RHS stuffs the run like its nothing so how is it possible that Cookeville will even score considering that is all they do. If you cant stop Cookeville's boring offense, you should stop playing football.

Final Score

Riverdale-48

Cookeville-0

Additional stat RHS HAS ALLOWED 8 POINTS IN TEN GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use your head.

This is a little bit off subject, but did anyone else notice who went to the Riverdale game on Friday night that the crowd was really not loud at all. I know it was kinda cold but thats not excuse. Usually when Riverdale plays on the road, their fans make it feel like a neutral site game, but on Friday Smyrna did that to them. Maybe the fans have just been spoiled by winning so much, they are not as loud. Just thought I would point that out because I didn't really find the crowd to provide them with much of a homefield advantage. The Smyrna crowd was as loud or maybe even louder when they made a big play compared to that of Riverdale's crowd.

Edited by hokies931