CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
I know everyone is counting Cookeville out this week against Riverdale just like they did last week vs. Lebanon. But I totally called a Cookeville blowout. And I'm going out right now and saying Cookeville will beat Riverdale by 13. Guaranteed.

825431186[/snapback]

i dont think neither team will win by double digits. could possibly be the best game of this week in any class(yes, i know that oak ridge plays DB). if cookeville can get on the board 1st i think they have a chance

Guest region4fan

You need to memorize that game film from the first half...this will be your biggest challenge for your Defense. Best of luck.

BTW...look back at my posts.....I predicted a cookeville win.

i dont know that much about cookville but ive heard that they like to run.. well riverdale feasts on running backs.. they shut down Franklin County's running back.. shut down the smyrna duo twice.. and also Lincoln County's running back.. so i say if cookville wants this to be close they need to go to the air.. still then they will have to be able to throw over the tall D-Line riverdale has with Gooch (6'1) and Perkins (6'4) with Rhemel (6'3) blitzing sometimes.. those are tall guys with their hands up.. here are some stats

Cookeville gave up 194 rushing yards last week and rushed for 234

Riverdale gave up 66 rushing yards last week adn rushed for 345

i think orona and johnson are more athletic and better than cookevilles running back.. ive never seen cookevilles guy but im just guessing

lets look at some common opponents:

Lincoln Co and Franklin Co

Riverdale shut out LC while scoreing 49 points

RIverdale shut out FC while scoring 41 points total yards: (RHS 474-FC 163)

Cookville beat LC 16-14

Cookeville beat FC 35-6 total yards: (FC 183-CHS 269)

These stats dont really mean anything because its playoff time and teams have bad nights.. just thought i would throw them out

the riverdale D has not allowed a TD since week 2 in the season.. and they have played some good people might i add.. cookeville is coming of a huge blow out that should give them confidence.. riverdale played a horrible 1st half but a great second half.. i dont beleive they will look forward like some of you might predict.. i think rankin and the coaches will have them ready to play and come out playing.. good luck to both teams.. should be a good game..

GO WARRIORS

Well, I'd love to see the Cavs beat Riverdale, and I think it's a possibility, but it's a slim one. I was tickled that the Cavs beat Lebanon, but when you throw four interceptions you can't expect to win the game. LC has played the Cavs and the Warriors...LC could have beaten Cookeville (y'all do remember that tipped pass that gave the Cavs their first touchdown, don't you?), but there ain't no way the Falcons could have beaten Riverdale...49-0...and that's only cuz Rankin called the dogs off in the second half....

Anyhoo, the Cavs have a major challenge this Friday night - if y'all do everything right, and the Warriors don't, then you can win. I'll be rootin' for ya - heck, I'm thinking about driving up there and hollering for ya!!!!!!!

Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat RIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Cav fan and thrilled about this years accomplishments. But honestly the Cavs this Friday night step into a totally different arena. We do not have the athletes to defeat Riverdale. We have better atheletes than ever before but Riverdale has athletes every year.

Coach J will have his team ready and will have a good game plan, but if it comes down to athletic ability, Riverdale wins by 3 TDs. Of course that would be a real accomplishments considering they have demolished everyone this year and haven't been scored on since week #2.

The Cavs have nothing to lose and remembering last year-Lincoln Cty went into the same game undeafeated but were upset- so that's the reason they will strap it up next week.

I predict a solid win by Riverdale but Cookeville will compete with intensity, enthusiasim and heart!!!!!

i have seen both of these teams play and it will be a battle. cookeville has the best fron 7 on defense that i have seen all year. they have so much desire to get to the football it's scary. riverdale may have trouble stopping cookeville on offense, but i think they have such a knack for getting turnovers that cookeville may rush for 200+ yards but only score 17 points on offense. cookeville will have to throw some to win. i can't see this game being won by more than 14 points, but if either teams catch early breaks it could blow it wide open.

riverdale- 35

cookeville- 24

i have seen both of these teams play and it will be a battle. cookeville has the best fron 7 on defense that i have seen all year. they have so much desire to get to the football it's scary. riverdale may have trouble stopping cookeville on offense, but i think they have such a knack for getting turnovers that cookeville may rush for 200+ yards but only score 17 points on offense. cookeville will have to throw some to win. i can't see this game being won by more than 14 points, but if either teams catch early breaks it could blow it wide open.

riverdale- 35

cookeville- 24

825431368[/snapback]

I disagree with the part about rushing for over 200 yards. Now if you were a passing team and said I expect to pass for more than 200 yards on Riverdale I might agree but rushing?? I could be wrong but has anyone even run for over 100 yards in a game on Riverdale this year. Smyrna probably came close in their first matchup with Riverdale because of Orona but other than that I doubt it. Cookeville's best hope is that this is an inbetween game for Riverdale. Smyrna is in the same county and is probably now their bigget rival so it was a huge game, and a Warriors win on Friday would mean a potential matchup with Dobyns-Bennett which has been talked about now almost since the first week of the year. For that reason I would not be suprised if Riverdale plays a conservative first half similar to that of the Smyrna game. I haven't seen Cookeville play all year so I will stay away from a prediction in this instance. It sounds like your team had a great year, and Congrads on knocking out Lebanon who was playing great these past few weeks. On the other hand for anyone to run for 200 yards on Riverdale would take one great effort and I don't see it happening. Coach Rankin said back in week 3 of this year that if Riverdale won the state it would be because of defense. Riverdale's defense won the game on Friday by keeping them in it despite the offense kicking themselves in the foot. Good luck to both teams, hopefully its a good game.

Edited by hokies931

The Cavs have really turned it up a notch in the last few weeks...but I don't think this game will be too close. Cookeville has the best team they've had in a long time. The trouble is that Riverdale does too. Cookeville could stay close for a half. The only way it will be close...is if Riverdale turns the ball over. Riverdale is just a cut above everyone else at this point. Take Riverdale out of the mix...and Cookeville would contend with anyone else.