CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Riverdale's stats for the year. Its not hard to figure out. Good luck to both teams, but Riverdale takes it home.

825431370[/snapback]

Its playoff time, man. Stats are out the window. As for Franklin County's tailback and Smyrna's, you can't even compare them to Paxton. He's much better. Riverdale has played some good teams this year, but so has Cookeville. This will be the best team Riverdale has faced all season and postseason, and the same goes for Cookeville. Disgustedfan, you post really disgusted me. You are turning on the boys just like everybody else. Have faith. That seems to be Cookeville's slogan this year. This is going to be a very good defensive battle. Both teams come in with great defenses. Cookeville just has to strap it up and play smashmouth football as they have all season long. I think this will be a low scoring game and will definately not be a blowout.

Edited by Fuggly63

It should come as no surprise that the teams with the best defenses are still standing. Both teams' defenses seem to have gotten much stronger in he second half of the year.

I also agree with another thing posted above: This will be the best team either has played this year. The two region champs squaring off...as if should be.

I'm interested in hearing more about the TB, Paxton, and the Cookeville passing game. Can anyone share some details, stats? How much do the Cavs pass and how successful have they been? How about the kicker...how good is he and what is his range.

Interestingly, Cookeville will be making only their 5th road trip of the year. Just looking at their schedule/results, they seem to be playing better at home than on the road. Cookeville is a very big, very strong team. Physically, they remind me a lot of Germantown from last year. The Cavs have a lot of kids with playoff experience from last year and most of them have been to Tomahawk before. Point is, this is going to be a football game of the highest order.

Reserving the right to change my prediction as the week goes along, I'll say:

Riverdale 20, Cookeville 10

Riverdale showed me some heart in the second half last week - I did not know how they would respond to a tight game and some adversity.

Cookeville deserves to be in this game - 11-1 and got revenge for their only loss. That shows me some heart as well.

Riverdale's defense should be the difference. They have played amazingly well over the past 10 games, only being scored on in one of those games. But those games are over now, and we have to do it all once again.

Good luck Warriors, and welcome to the "boro to the Cavs. I hope this game is all it should be.

This will be there 6th game on the road. In their first 5 road games they had 3 shutouts, one against another region champ in McGavock. And they also can claim a win in the highly touted "Pit" down in Lincoln County. They have outscored their opponents 125-27 on the road and almost all but like 2 of the starters played in the game in Riverdale last year and remember that they could have possibly won that game had they converted in the redzone. The major factor in this game will obviously be the speed that Riverdale has in Gaston Miller and the team speed on defense. My favorite college team is Miami and in their game yesterday against a running power in Virginia who does not have alot of speed they were talking about the way to attack a fast defense and that is right up the gut. Which is exactly what the Cavaliers do anyways pretty much. And yea Riverdale probably has the size advantage but most teams do against Cookeville but it is the way Cookeville uses what they have that makes them successful. The QB Ledford is a three year starter of course just two at his present position but he is a gamer. He can throw the long ball and the short passes and before he hurt his knee was a legit 4.5 and could REALLY hurt you on the scramble. He still can get yards on his scrambles just doesnt have the breakaway speed anymore but he a great decision maker so his scrambles are very timely. And I think he has around 850 yards passing or something like that. If Cookeville were to ever pass a little more they could probably score at will because their recieving corps is out of this world. They have two 6'4" TE's and one whale of a line that doesnt allow very many sacks. I think they have given up maybe 2 all year plus blocking for a 1300 yard runner so far. Then they have some very fast wideouts that are also very physical. Three of them are at 6'2" one at 6'1" and another at 6'0". So needless to say they can make you respect the longball just with their ability alone. And Gus Paxton who will probably win Upper Cumberlands player of the year has like I said before around 1300 yards and something like 16 touchdowns. He is also a legit sub 4.5 and can run way from people so this will be a good matchup for him against a very fast defense. They have 3 guys they use to kick the ball. The punter who is a D-lineman when he gets a good snap can absolutely kill the ball as witnessed at the Lebanon game on a free kick when he kicked it to the other endzone over 70 yards in the air with the wind but still. He also has like 3 more punts over 50 yds so when the offense struggles he can change the field position in a hurry. They also use two kickers. One who kicks the PATs and short field goals then a soccer player who kicks off and kicked a 56 yarder with room to spare in practice. So if they get to the 35 they have a chance to score and field goals may just win this game. And disgusted fan come on now. Dont give up on the Cavs like most people are already doing for this game. Believe me they will be able to make a game of it, Coach J always does no matter what the odds against him. He will have stuff up his sleeve that no man has ever seen before. Because I guarantee you he went after that game last year and drew up about 10 plays that he was only going to use if he got the rematch with Riverdale this year and now that time is upon us. And trust me also on this one. The boys in Red, White, and Blue want this game more than any other one that they could ever dream of. This game is what defines great schools,great players, and above all great TEAMS. And either way it goes the winner will definately be a great TEAM.

GOOG LUCK TO BOTH

Guest region4fan

Cavs....yes, you BETTER get that passing game in full gear b/c that is the only way you can move the ball on Rdale. But you better make sure your receivers will absolutely FIGHT for the ball otherwise you will be intercepted.

Can't stop the Chop!

I know everyone is counting Cookeville out this week against Riverdale just like they did last week vs. Lebanon. But I totally called a Cookeville blowout. And I'm going out right now and saying Cookeville will beat Riverdale by 13. Guaranteed.

825431186[/snapback]

Congratulations. You just won "I go to coachT when I am really high" award. ;)

If I were a betting man I'd put I would put at least $500 if you gave me Riverdale (+13)

i dont think that cookeville will rush over 10 yards in the game.. the riverdale d is unstoppable.. they always get there sacks.. they have played come great running backs and stopped them.. and riverdale will get there sacks.. they got gooch and perkins on the line and like to send rhemel and tamar on blitzes.. warriors win convincingly