MUS VS Brentwood Academy

timbdp

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thonk yopu will find BA's offense to be much different than last time around. No question the Owls have a very good defense, but barring some really nasty weather, there is no way they hold the Eagles to 9 points.

I think that BA has a very good team but on this night MUS was better. From the score I think MUS's defense did hold BA under 9 points since their first touchdown was on a kickoff return and there was no nasty weather.

It's game time!  I can't wait to be at Vanderbilt Stadium tonight to see my Eagles vie for their 10th straight title.

Here's my prediction:

Academy 20, Memphis University School 14

Brentwood Academy will win the Division II-AAA State Championship.

825448109[/snapback]

MUS dominated the game. Both MBA-MUS games, you picked MBA, and Im betting that both BA-MUS games, you picked BA. So tell me, does it hurt to be THAT wrong?

Its funny to see a faithful CoachT vet be so incredibly wrong on so many counts.

825451196[/snapback]

Amen. You can say what you want but MUS manhandled BA last night upfront; it would not have mattered what plays BA called. They called the repetitive plays in the fourth quarter when they clearly knew it was over and they were outmatched.

I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt hear from Wes for a long time.

825450974[/snapback]

I'm here, dame. I just got home. Don't worry about me shying from a loss...after all, shouldn't I be used to championship defeats by now? At least my team made it that far...

While I'm always willing to throw in my opinion, I never claim to be inerrant. Yep, I missed this game and a few others, but maybe that's a good sign -- a sign that I'm too busy getting involved in college to research high school football teams. After all, there's more to life than high school football...there's also college football. :D

I want to commend MUS. They were clearly a superior team with a superior game plan. I'm sure it feels euphoric in the Owl camp right now -- they should be very proud of their accomplishment. It may have been their first DII title appearance, but apart from their early hiccups they looked like veterans.

I also want to congratulate BA on a fine season. Very few people believed in this team at many points during the year, but they pulled things together and made a fantastic run. Though they didn't win the last one, they displayed their true character on the way to Dudley.

Congrats, Owls. Enjoy the offseason, and get ready to face 7, not 6, angry teams next fall.

As for me -- effective tomorrow, I'm going to take a 2-week break from the message boards. It's something I haven't done since joining the site, but now I think it's important that I step back and focus on exams and finish the semester strong. Since there's not a lot to talk about since football's over and basketball hasn't revved up yet, it'll be a good time to take a little siesta. Also, my little sabbatical has nothing to do with BA's loss -- I would have done it if we'd won. I had my BA fix at the game last night and the Thanksgiving service today, and now it's time to focus solely on UT.

See you guys in 2 weeks.

Brentwood, hail to thee!!

Edited by WesVols

I thonk yopu will find BA's offense to be much different than last time around. No question the Owls have a very good defense, but barring some really nasty weather, there is no way they hold the Eagles to 9 points.

I think that BA has a very good team but on this night MUS was better. From the score I think MUS's defense did hold BA under 9 points since their first touchdown was on a kickoff return and there was no nasty weather.

825450904[/snapback]

Read the thread. I give MUS a ton of credit. BTW, go to math class...14 does not equal 9.

Maybe you need to go to reading class since my post says the first touchdown was a kickoff return.  The last time I checked that was on special teams not the defense.  So if you take that touchdown away the BA offense only scored 7 points and in my math classes 7 is less than 9.

825451526[/snapback]

Owl, congrats on the win. BA scored 14 points, and that's that. MUS's defense allowed 7, but MUS as a whole allowed 14. Be happy with the 35 your team got.