Region 1

TDkid

felty teched ricker.. felty is looking alot better than last year.. most the takedowns were close but felty won a majority and then got back points.. look for felty to make some noise this year if he stays around 130, but ricker should be down to 125 by the time boone and greeneville have their official dual meet

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe every team there had a pretty full line-up... i believe that the smallest team there was chuckey-doak or west greene, which had about 10 kids a piece, CDHS might have had less, possibly 8 or so.. DB looked pretty good, and looked to be the team to beat at the tourney that day... also, i believe Crockett won the tourney because DB left b4 the finals match started, so who knows how that one would have turned out

Cameron Felty, Caleb Myers, Daniel Webb, Zack McMackin all looked pretty good at the tourney

Edited by TDkid

i believe every team there had a pretty full line-up... i believe that the smallest team there was chuckey-doak or west greene, which had about 10 kids a piece, CDHS might have had less, possibly 8 or so.. DB looked pretty good, and looked to be the team to beat at the tourney that day... also, i believe Crockett won the tourney because DB left b4 the finals match started, so who knows how that one would have turned out

Cameron Felty, Caleb Myers, Daniel Webb, Zack McMackin all looked pretty good at the tourney

825444616[/snapback]

After watching the Crockett pre-season tournament I was left to wonder who could possibly challenge Science Hill. There is not a team in the region who will. DB looked ok, had some solid wrestlers, but not all the way through. Greeneville went 3-1, but they lack experience. I did not get to see Crockett that much, but I know they won their pool. Myers (GR), Felty (BN), Jones (SE) looked good. I am sure I am missing some but thats what stands out. We have a long way to go in Region 1 before we can contend. We need to hope Science Hill will contend for us.

Science Hill will lead the pack, followed by DB. Greeneville might make a run for 3rd if their freshman learn quickly. Crockett, with the kids they have out might compete for the 4th spot. I have yet to see what the Morristown schools have, or Elizabethton. At any rate, I wish all the wrestlers in region 1 the best of luck.

Depends on how Greeneville's freshman turn out. They will be a team that has potential, but inexperience will hurt them. If all the wrestlers stick to it, and the incoming freshman work hard, their best years are in the near future. They have a good feeder program if the kids stay active. I also heard Ricker is a chump, and even if he dropped to 103, he could still not win regions.