Major A-AA changes

coachlj65

I think single A schools should get together and petition TSSAA to have our own cross country championship next year. We can do it! When we asked them anything at the TSSAA they have a very who cares attitude. They are so busy kissing the butts of the private schools to give a darn much about cross country at class A schools. Their suggestion was to petition them to have our own meet. So we should do it. I also think it's time for the Mid State Association to divide up into small and large schools with the private division II schools put into the large school division. This would at least make it a little more fun for the small schools. Then maybe someone other than Brentwood Academy might win the thing and the Brentwood coaches wouldn't be a shoe in for coach of the year every time. As far as redistricting our school now has to contend with the likes of FRA and Lipscomb! We better get practicing!

I think single A schools should get together and petition TSSAA to have our own cross country championship next year. We can do it! When we asked them anything at the TSSAA they have a very who cares attitude. They are so busy kissing the butts of the private schools to give a darn much about cross country at class A schools. Their suggestion was to petition them to have our own meet. So we should do it. I also think it's time for the Mid State Association to divide up into small and large schools with the private division II schools put into the large school division. This would at least make it a little more fun for the small schools. Then maybe someone other than Brentwood Academy might win the thing and the Brentwood coaches wouldn't be a shoe in for coach of the year every time. As far as redistricting our school now has to contend with the likes of FRA and Lipscomb! We better get practicing!

825437717[/snapback]

Two things...

One, there will never be a single A championship here. The meet would simply be so diluted it would be pitiful. Take this for example...in our currently combined A/AA system, one A-AA region in middle Tennessee last month did not even send 3 teams to state because they couldn't even get 3 FULL TEAMS to show up at regional. And that's with A and AA combined...not even 3 full teams to attend. The single A schools are at a slight disadvantage in our system, but it isn't typical AA schools that are beating good single A teams...it is your private non-DII schools like FRA and Lipscomb, that you already mentioned.

Two, I believe you are on to something about the MSCC association recognizing its smaller teams. I spoke to Kevin Doty at regional about this last month, and he agreed with my position. I am set to make a proposal next month at the coaches meeting in December that will in effect recognize the excellent small schools in the association like WHH, Page, and even some of the newer ones like Nashville Christian. I think my proposal makes sense when you see it and that you will be pleased with it if it passes...

last time i checked FRA and Lipscomb weren't top dogs. i'll contend with them anyday.

all i see FRA and Lipscomb as are 2 private schools not good enough to compete in DII.

825438840[/snapback]

FRA and Lipscomb might not contend with DII schools, but they are top dogs in their division. FRA has finished in at least the top 2 in state the last 6 years with 4 championships, 5 region championships, and a few metro and district championships. That sounds like a top dog to me. Actually, that sounds more like a DYNASTY!

Edited by kpatt2

im sry, i'm not trying to talk trash.

i was just trying to point out that FRA and Lipscomb aren't the only good teams in A-AA.

i apologize for putting it like that. i know that FRA has a dynasty, but there are more building. :o

and i also apologize for etownrunnercc. (josh, shut up. P.S. your gf has you by the nuts)

Edited by track800ehs

thats right ...they have a dynasty but competion has grown in a-aa.....Its to the point where a-aa teams like elizabethton.....lipscomb and fra can all compete right there with AAA teams as to where that was much harder years ago...

1.Houston aaa

2.Brentwood Academy dII

3. Mcallie DII

4.Baylor DII

5. Elizabethon A-AA

also...everyone consider that the talent at elizabethton has grown..those 4X800 boys have started a trend in cyclone runners...before that distance running..or cross country was a joke..now a state title has been brought into the city limits and our sport should grow in e-town....

Edited by xcmiler20