Karns @ Maryville...Hall of Fame Game

mhsrbl202

I was really impressed with Luke West. What a pleasant surprise. He can shoot the daylights out of it.

Trey plays so hard it is easy to see why he blew his knee last year. It happened like in the first week of practice. He sure looks 100%.

Danny Saxe is bigger, stronger, and shooting very well. He looks to be the floor leader.

Joey Koontz had much better control of the ball over last year. I hope he has a very good year. I know Coach Nelson and Koontz expect good things and are excited.

Curtis Tate was a maniac in the paint. He is a real warrior.

Fersner didn't play much. I talked to him before the game and he didn't mention being hurt. I noticed he had on black a knee wrap.

In general I was impressed and was asking myself, "Where were these monsters last year?" When the football players get back we will have plenty of depth.

Way to go guys and good luck for a successful season. It's going to be fun watching you.

Edited by Rebelsman

I was really impressed with Luke West. What a pleasant surprise. He can shoot the daylights out of it.

Trey plays so hard it is easy to see why he blew his knee last year. It happened like in the first week of practice. He sure looks 100%.

Danny Saxe is bigger, stronger, and shooting very well. He looks to be the floor leader.

Joey Koontz had much better control of the ball over last year. I hope he has a very good year. I know Coach Nelson and Koontz expect good things and are excited.

Curtis Tate was a maniac in the paint. He is a real warrior.

Fersner didn't play much. I talked to him before the game and he didn't mention being hurt. I noticed he had on black a knee wrap.

In general I was impressed and was asking myself, "Where were these monsters last year?" When the football players get back we will have plenty of depth.

Way to go guys and good luck for a successful season. It's going to be fun watching you.

825440769[/snapback]

This score probably should not surprise anyone. Karns has traditionally relied on outside shooting and transition baskets to score points. Defense has never been their strong suit. When they are on, they are extremely difficult to beat. When they are off, they can lose badly. They probably just had an off night. I bet they have a great season. They should be right around the top of District 3AAA.

Luke West had 17 points last night. Karns could be a good basketball team if they get rid of the attitudes that they played with last night. A few of Karns players thought they were the best thing to walk on a basketball court since Jordan. They also played the dirtiest game I have ever seen a team play as well. elbows to the face multiple times grabbing, pulling, everything dirty you could think of. A couple of times during the game a couple of Maryville players could have been severly injured. But hey, we will take a 28 point whoopen.

This score probably should not surprise anyone. Karns has traditionally relied on outside shooting and transition baskets to score points. Defense has never been their strong suit. When they are on, they are extremely difficult to beat. When they are off, they can lose badly. They probably just had an off night. I bet they have a great season. They should be right around the top of District 3AAA.

825440821[/snapback]

You are exactly right. If the 3-ball is on they win. If the 3-ball is off they lose. There is no post game.

It was the same last year. Karns beat us in three overtimes in this game. Andy scored 38. The football players were still out. Fersner and #33 got hot and lit it up. We smoked them in the tournament.