It's over

HTV

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville showed some real guts in this game.  They had two sophomores playing RB and they were looking defeat in the eyes on that last drive.  Most teams would have crumbled under the pressure.

825442105[/snapback]

I agree, but the last couple of seasons and tonight especially, when we got the ball back with 79 yards to go for the win....I just had that feeling that everything was going to be OK.

What an exciting game. Central jumps out ahead 10-0. David Gaston takes a screen pass 75-80 yds to the house. Maryville comes back and scores 14 points. Right before halftime Helton throws up a prayer and Terrence Scott catches it to make it 17-14 Central. Maryville goes ahead on a touchdown pass to Clement 21-17. Central scores to make it 24-21 with 3 minutes left. Maryville runs a trick play for 50 yds. Cade Passes to Clement then Clement throws it back to Thompson and Thompson runs 50 yds. Maryville cores a touchdown with less than a minute to go to make it 28-24. Steven Childs intercepts a pass and runs it back for a touchdown.

Backup tailbacks Adrian Baker and Ryan Singleton played very well. They came up huge. Antonio Byner gutted it out. Cade came up huge. On defense Jeffery Smith gutted it out. You can tell he is in pain.

Great win by Maryville. Central is a great team with great athletes. Terrence Scott,David Gaston and Zack Helton are very good players. The offensive line blocked very well.

Go Rebels. Beat Tn High.

Congratulations on a great year bobcats. You played your guts out and never quit. You brought your A game and for awhile it was enuff. I don't think that any of you would take it away from Maryville that they never quit either and just believed they could win.

My hats off to the Rebels. You guys just never know when it's over and have never met the word quit!! I can't tell you how proud I am to be a Red Rebel alum!!

So, on to THS boys. They think their tough and talkin a lot of smack. We'll see just how good the Viking clan is next Friday!! Strap it on tight Vikes...you've never played a team this good!! thumb

Congratulations Rebs, we hung in there with you guys and made it interesting as long as we could, you've got a heck of a program over there with a lot pride and never say die attitudes. Hope you bring the Championship home to East Tn. See you next year. Wax the Vikes. Central Bobcat

825442318[/snapback]

Bobcat, I'm proud of y'all man. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats on a great season man thumb

An exciting game as expected from alot of us. Never leave those Red Rebels that much time on the clock. Glad to see Mr Childs get that interception to end the game. Don`t know how many people saw that some of his old teammates from Smyrna were in the stands cheering on the Red Rebels. They also went out onto the field after the game to congratulate him and met some of the Maryville players. Thanks for coming over and cheering for us men! Hope to see you next week and hopefully in Murfreesboro. thumb Also I noticed Zack and Coach Helton came over and congratulated alot of the Rebels. Very classy indeed. I gave him a pat on the shoulder pads and told him to keep his head up. Thanks Bobcat, playing you guys is always a tough test. The first game was an exception that most of us knew wouldnt hold true this time. Good luck next year man! thumb

Edited by TheInsider