Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left with about a minute to go. It was 49-0. The last touchdown was scored by a sophomore and our third string quarterback came within about a yard of leading us to another touchdown with a couple of minutes to go.

I'm going back out. Talk to you guys over the course of the remainder of the weekend.

825453862[/snapback]

According to some, Tennessee ran the most feared wing-T in the nation. What happened?

Edited by randy3116

I went to the game excited about a close and exciting semifinal playoff game. I was surprised at how one dimesional the THS offense was and how their defense played way too conservative and made no adjustments. THS is a good program but they have a long way to go. It was evident that THS was not nearly as prepared as Maryville. THS certainly had the athletes to win...but not the coaching. As I was watching THS warm up, I thought that they looked great and would likely win. This just shows that the wing-t is not a good choice unless you have three awesome backs that you want to keep happy. For example...Hillsboro. Maryville looked sharp and will have their hands full come next week at MTSU.

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Nov 26 2004 - 11:07 PM']You decided in warm-ups that THS would win?  What exactly about warm-ups is a giveaway to a win?

825453967[/snapback]

I thought exactly the opposite after watching pregame. I was worried coming in because I knew zero about THS, but watching the pregame made me feel much better.

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Nov 26 2004 - 09:07 PM']You decided in warm-ups that THS would win?  What exactly about warm-ups is a giveaway to a win?

825453967[/snapback]

Their guys looked big, fast, and well disciplined. I thought that maybe the hype about THS was true. But after the first drive, I knew it was all hype.