Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

Let's get this started!!!!!!!!

Tennessee High put a great performance leading 28-3 at halftime and went on to win 35-18.

Next: Maryville!!

Coach Stubbs said that he would rather go up against Maryville instead of Knox Central due to them matching up better against the Vikings.

Good Luck to both teams next week and now lets get some posts on here!

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Tennessee High been down to a team all year? I think that tonights game showed that Maryville can overcome mistakes and come back to win. That might be an issue. Also how big do you think homefield advantage is at this stage in the game? Either way I think Maryville wins. They have been here too many times before, and last years loss to MoWest is a motivator. I don't think it will be a blowout, but with everything together I think Maryville has to be favored slightly.

Congratulations to the Vikings and the Rebels on their victories tonight. Its only fitting that the two best teams get to play in the semis. It sounded like Maryville had a little tougher time than the Vikes did. I kept telling everybody sitting around me tonight to pull for Maryville over Central. We want to play the best to see who really is the best this year. Its a shame that this isnt for the State Championship. I dont believe any of the west teams has anything for either of us. Friday the 26th cant get here fast enough.

See y'all there :)

Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

How soon do I need to get there to get a decent seat? Does 5:00PM sound late?? ;)

Has Tennessee High been down to a team all year?  I think that tonights game showed that Maryville can overcome mistakes and come back to win.  That might be an issue.  Also how big do you think homefield advantage is at this stage in the game?  Either way I think Maryville wins.  They have been here too many times before, and last years loss to MoWest is a motivator.  I don't think it will be a blowout, but with everything together I think Maryville has to be favored slightly.

825441965[/snapback]

Yeah they have been down. They were down last week for about a whole quarter length of time. They jumped up early in the first half on South to a 16-0 lead, then South came back and scored 17 points. Then, with about six minutes to go in the 4th Quarter Tennesse High scored two late touchdowns and won 31-17.

Tennessee normally doesn't worry about homefield advantage. They were calm and collected against East when everyone else was nervous. (Even though that game was at home there were about 6,500 fans there!)

Edited by THSVikings2004

Someone told me Knox Central was ahead 24-14 at one point. Any thoughts on that? ;)

825442016[/snapback]

Maryville and Central traded punches all night. Maryville was down 24-21 with @ 3.5 minutes left in the game and then drove 79 yards for the go ahead score (28-21). There were only @ 44 seconds left in the game and Central got the ball back deep in their own territory. On the second play, Maryville's Stephen Childs int'ed a Zach Helton pass and returned it to ice the game. It was a very good game.

I'll admit that I am kind of ignorant when it comes to Tennessee High --> what type of offense and defense do you guys play? Who should we watch? Have fun coming down and I'll def see you there. Roll Red Roll!!!

They usually run the Wing T. All the runningbacks are good, it just depends. All of the players are a threat. The ones you think have no talent show you up at some point. I hope Maryville likes to pass the ball.

825442055[/snapback]

Maryville has a balanced attack for the most part. Like tonight, 184 rushing and 180 passing. We basically take what the defense gives us and then exploit the living crap out of it.