Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville's visitor side doesn't hold a lot of people--the away team's band takes up 1/4 of it.  Better get their early for a good seat.

825442160[/snapback]

I'll try to do that. I remember a few years ago I went to a DB and Oak Ridge game and it was pouring down so hard we went into the baseball stands to watch it. About 15 minutes later there came the DB band wanting us to move so all of them could sit down without getting wet.

Your home side doesn't those reserved seats do they? I hate those.

I'll try to do that. I remember a few years ago I went to a DB and Oak Ridge game and it was pouring down so hard we went into the baseball stands to watch it. About 15 minutes later there came the DB band wanting us to move so all of them could sit down without getting wet.

Your home side doesn't those reserved seats do they? I hate those.

825442169[/snapback]

Our homeside does not have reserved seats in the playoffs. I got to the game around 5:45 tonight and got a seat on the 50 yd line. By about 6:05 all the good seats were gone. If you get there that early, don't pay to park. You will be able to park in the school lot for free.

No reserved seats during play-offs, although fans do get there when the gate opens early and "mark their territory" with blankets and cushions.

If Tennessee High's coach really said that he'd "prefer to play Maryville instead of Central because of match-ups" ... he's not extremely gifted in scouting...or common sense. I have a hard time believing he'd really say that and give Maryville something to put on the bulletin board.

For whoever was wondering--AND HOPING-- if Maryville passed much ... with a D1 quarterback and a bunch of talented wide-outs--and backs who can catch--they handle the passing game pretty well. You'll get plenty of "what you hope for."

I'm sure Tennessee High thinks they're ready, but I don't think they can begin to imagine what they are headed into Friday night.

Lastly, all things equal ... if it comes down to coaching, I like Maryville versus anybody. They proved it again vs Central with the throwback to Cade. And sophomore Ryan Singleton gets my vote for MVP of the game. He grew up out there tonight.

Edited by GovMan

Coach Stubbs didn't come out directly and say it. According to Mike Musick, radio announcer, he had a conversation with him off air and Stubbs said he would rather face Maryville due to Central having a lot of speed mixed with their huge size. He felt that Maryville was more similar to the Vikings.

I also feel that THS does better against teams that pass. One interception would have been ran back for a TD tonigt but he pulled a muscle as he was running back. Still got about 15 yards though.

Maryville is lucky enough to only have to play a two or three people both ways.  Does THS have that luxury?

825442096[/snapback]

Congratulations REDREBELS!!! It’s SHOWTIME!!! B)

I have to say that I’m very honored that our team now has the opportunity to share the field with such a legendary program!! There would have been so many unanswered questions if this season had turned out any other way. But don’t think all those gold balls and championships are going to make the Vikings take it easy on ya!! We respect your program… but we are ready to prove that we have the better team this year!!! B)

THS has three defensive starters that occasionally play on the offensive side of the ball. They don’t have any two-way starters.

I understand Maryville took a senior hit at the linebacker position. How have this year’s linebackers stacked up to last years?

Congratulations REDREBELS!!! It’s SHOWTIME!!! B)

I have to say that I’m very honored that our team now has the opportunity to share the field with such a legendary program!! There would have been so many unanswered questions if this season had turned out any other way. But don’t think all those gold balls and championships are going to make the Vikings take it easy on ya!! We respect your program… but we are ready to prove that we have the better team this year!!! B)

THS has three defensive starters that occasionally play on the offensive side of the ball. They don’t have any two-way starters.

I understand Maryville took a senior hit at the linebacker position. How have this year’s linebackers stacked up to last years?

825442242[/snapback]

At the start of the year Maryville's LBs looked as good as last year's. Unfortunately we lost one for the year. His back up has made a lot of progress. Our LBs are not the fastest but they tackle well and play smart.