Rebels vs. Vikings

THSVikings2004

Howdy THSVike, Shelley and nisstek!! Congrats on your win guys. You beat a tohug and etermined Lizzybeth team tonite. Can't wait to meet you guys. If you're down here by 6pm , you'll be fine. We can sit 6500 fans twice easily.

So guys, I'm a little concerned for ya. I don't think the wing T matches up well with our defense, but I guess we'll see. Someone mentioned it earlier, yes we like to pass AND run and we'll do both Friday nite. not talkin any smack, just confident we'll move the ball as we always do.

The thing that's toughest to beat about us is the mentality and the belief the game is never outta reach. Ask Powell and Central. Both are busy telling their loved ones that they played their best game and somehow it wasn't enuff. I heard as much last week on sportstalk radio.

I think it'll be the game we all want it to be and regardless of the outcome, we send a team to the Murf that'll beat the livin ---- outta any West team. thumb

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Vikings you got what you wished for, let's see what you do with it.

825442284[/snapback]

I think the Vikings went way further then anyone expected. At the beginning of the season all of the talk was focused around East. I went to a scrimmage between THS and Powell Valley Vikings and thats when I knew they were good this year. A loss to Maryville wouldn't be that bad. Because we all would know at least who the second best team in the state would be.

I think the Vikings went way further then anyone expected. At the beginning of the season all of the talk was focused around East. I went to a scrimmage between THS and Powell Valley Vikings and thats when I knew they were good this year. A loss to Maryville wouldn't be that bad. Because we all would know at least who the second best team in the state would be.

825442343[/snapback]

C'mon Vike, you're not using Powell Valley as a measruing stick....surely. :D

Knox county always has great athletes.  Central and Powell had better athletes than Maryville but Maryville has a better program.  The middle school coaches and the high school coaches are great!  Knox county doesn't have that luxury.  How about THS?  Do they have a good middle school program to feed the high school?

825442638[/snapback]

I honestly don't know a lot about the middle school programs, but they are starting to have more youth football leagues in the area. I suppose Vance Middle School has a good program. A few years ago, the county middle school for Sullivan East (Bluff City) had an undefeated team and I guess that helped East this year but that team didn't play Vance.

I honestly don't know a lot about the middle school programs, but they are starting to have more youth football leagues in the area. I suppose Vance Middle School has a good program. A few years ago, the county middle school for Sullivan East (Bluff City) had an undefeated team and I guess that helped East this year but that team didn't play Vance.

825442659[/snapback]

Hey THSVikings2004, I am not gonna talk trash. If you have any questions, send me a message. I am gonna hit the sack right now. This is gonna be an exciting game between two teams that know very little about each other. I hope the game has no injuries and few penalties. Good luck. Talk to everybody this week.

Hey THSVikings2004, I am not gonna talk trash.  If you have any questions, send me a message.  I am gonna hit the sack right now.  This is gonna be an exciting game between two teams that know very little about each other.  I hope the game has no injuries and few penalties.  Good luck.  Talk to everybody this week.

825442674[/snapback]

I was talking about the other guy. He seemed upset when I asked him about Knox Central.