Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OrhoneyDoll, do not reconsider at all. Si must not be an Oak Ridger. It is time we re-establish our program as the elite in this state and there is no better place to do it than at the exspense of the mighty warriors. Oak Ridge football should not be in awe of any team  in this state. I would hate to be in the Warriors shoes this week all they have heard all year was that this was their year to win it again . I even heard it last year that they were a year away when they beat us, and we should have won that game and we will this year. We have the players, playmakers and the coaches to beat them,but we have go there to win not just to say it was good that we made it this far. I really like our opportunity to play them at their place, from what I have heard from sports writers from their area they have put up some big numbers both on offense and defense but they have played in a really weak region. No one picked us to beat DB this week and they won't pick us to beat Riverdale either, I don't think our team, players and coaches will really care about that but I do know come Friday night the warriors are in for the fight of their lives and their first defeat at hthe hands of the Oak Ridge Wildcats.

825442461[/snapback]

i just want to say I LOVE YOU!

Guest Oakland
oakland what are you thoughts on riverdale not scoring 40 something and cook putting it in the zone, you know thomas is great but i wasn't real impressed with Miller, you?

825442466[/snapback]

lets not forget how good this cookeville team is. i feel that they have been underrated all year long and gave riverdale quite a good game from what i heard. just because riverdale didnt hang 40 on cookeville isnt a cause of concern. there are teams that can hold riverdale to 28 or fewer points. thomas or miller may have not been impressive but gaston's stats suggest otherwise. it may have not been pretty, but its a win all the same. i would rather win ugly than lose pretty

Just out of curiosity, redraider, what does it take to impress you? Miller ran for something like 175 yards (not exact) and like a 7.5 ypc average against a good defense. And more importantly, he helped his team win in the quarterfinals.

It's sad to say, but I know nothing about OR. It'd be nice if a knowledgeable fan filled me in on their team. I do know Riverdale pretty well, and while I'm sure Oak Ridge has a chance, any team wanting to beat the U of R will have to bring their best game.

Guest Oakland
I never said that Cookeville was no. 2. I picked up on another thread I guess that someone thought they were. It may have been Redraider for life. He still thinks they are better than D-B or Oak Ridge. Wonder what they are smoking in Red Raiderville.

825442489[/snapback]

and whos to say that cookeville isnt better than oak ridge. im not predicting anything thing but its tough enough to beat riverdale period but you almost have to play at another level to beat them at home

And no, I don't believe Cookeville is a better team than DB or Oak Ridge. Just my opinion. They split their two games with Lebanon. Does that mean the Devils are that good? I don't think you can quite put them on the same level.

If you want to talk about margin of victory in the two games, fine. The second time around, LHS played the worst I have seen them play this year, and the Cavs played an excellent game. I think the teams were an even match.

But back to the topic. My uneducated pick (until I am filled in on OR):

Riverdale 28

Oak Ridge 14

Just out of curiosity, redraider, what does it take to impress you? Miller ran for something like 175 yards (not exact) and like a 7.5 ypc average against a good defense. And more importantly, he helped his team win in the quarterfinals.

It's sad to say, but I know nothing about OR. It'd be nice if a knowledgeable fan filled me in on their team. I do know Riverdale pretty well, and while I'm sure Oak Ridge has a chance, any team wanting to beat the U of R will have to bring their best game.

825442484[/snapback]

BlackandBlue, RedRaider will put down any back that is not his man.