Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

Vols#1,

We have passed for over 400 yards in the last two games, including 180+ tonight against D-B. Our quarterback surpassed Mike Underwood for most passing yards in a career EVER for an Oak Ridge Quarterback.

Can we throw the ball? No. It does not sound like it. But I'd be willing to bet we can run it on Riverdale, too. We run better than we pass, but oh yeah, we can't pass, so never mind.

The Mighty Warriors will have their hands full Friday night, but if you lose, we'll let you sit on our side at MTSU and show you how the East or Middle is supposed to win in the finals.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Riverdale is a great team, but they do have their weeknesses do not run the football pass pass pass this must be the mentality of Oak RIdge to have a chance.

Riverdale beat in my opinion the number two team in the state tonight, next week they have to get by number 3. good luck to both teams next week.

825442420[/snapback]

problem with that theory is that riverdale has probably the best pass rush of anybody in the state. you have to run to at least keep riverdale guessing to a point, but i agree if they do have a weakness on the defense its in the secondary. as tough as riverdale's defense is, it gets even tougher when a team threatens to score and thats a big reason that riverdale had not let the opposition scored a TD for the last 10 games until tonight

Vols#1,

We have passed for over 400 yards in the last two games, including 180+ tonight against D-B. Our quarterback surpassed Mike Underwood for most passing yards in a career EVER for an Oak Ridge Quarterback.

Can we throw the ball? No. It does not sound like it. But I'd be willing to bet we can run it on Riverdale, too. We run better than we pass, but oh yeah, we can't pass, so never mind.

The Mighty Warriors will have their hands full Friday night, but if you lose, we'll let you sit on our side at MTSU and show you how the East or Middle is supposed to win in the finals.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!!!

825442417[/snapback]

I love you!!! Your aditude toward OR is awesome, I dont know who you are... but you love OR, and I love you...

btw..who are you>?

Riverdale plays no one until now every year, they should be undefeated. Cookeville - No. 2 in the state. You have got to be kidding me. If D-B was last ranked #1 and Cookeville was #2 and Oak Ridge is #3, then where is Riverdale ranked?

Riverdale has not played one single team that could beat Oak Ridge, D-B, Soddy-Daisy or Ooltewah for that matter.

Get ready for some real competition.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

Mr. Thompson, I am very dissapointed in your "faith" in the OR team, your sons team, and  your older sons previous team.  I will reconsider this post the day I DIE, the day that the apocolypise (sp?) comes and makes me no longer love this team.  I believe this team will triumph over riverdale, and any other team/obsticle placed in our path... I really hope Eddie doe not see your critsisim of the wildcats, out of respect I will not tell him what you have said.  However, next friday when you suit up in your cardinal and gray, your #23 shirt... I hope to everything you remember how you do NOT believe in this team...

825442376[/snapback]

Ok, I am asking for a truce! I am in no way doubting our ability or our will to win. However, we don't need to give Riverdale any more bulletin board material than is necessary. We have been doubted by many all season long; even the News Sentinal picked against us! We can surely prove the doubters wrong again. So...let's cheer on our Cats and encourage them as they prepare for a very tough opponent next week.

GO CATS!!!

Guest Oakland
thats true i was just saying don't expect to get over 50 yards rushing if that against them. Oakland bid you go to the game tonight?

825442440[/snapback]

went to the coffee co-lebanon game but left before the 1st half just because it was so disheartening not watching oakland play. ill probably skip the semifinal game as well

Ok, I am asking for a truce!  I am in no way doubting our ability or our will to win.  However, we don't need to give Riverdale any more bulletin board material than is necessary.  We have been doubted by many all season long; even the News Sentinal picked against us!  We can surely prove the doubters wrong again.  So...let's cheer on our Cats and encourage them as they prepare for a very tough opponent next week. 

GO CATS!!!

825442455[/snapback]

It is very big of you to change your opinon, however you still doubted the mighty Oak Ridge

Uh....do you realize that we have never won there, or beat Riverdale?  You might want to reconsider this post.

825442359[/snapback]

OrhoneyDoll, do not reconsider at all. Si must not be an Oak Ridger. It is time we re-establish our program as the elite in this state and there is no better place to do it than at the exspense of the mighty warriors. Oak Ridge football should not be in awe of any team in this state. I would hate to be in the Warriors shoes this week all they have heard all year was that this was their year to win it again . I even heard it last year that they were a year away when they beat us, and we should have won that game and we will this year. We have the players, playmakers and the coaches to beat them,but we have go there to win not just to say it was good that we made it this far. I really like our opportunity to play them at their place, from what I have heard from sports writers from their area they have put up some big numbers both on offense and defense but they have played in a really weak region. No one picked us to beat DB this week and they won't pick us to beat Riverdale either, I don't think our team, players and coaches will really care about that but I do know come Friday night the warriors are in for the fight of their lives and their first defeat at hthe hands of the Oak Ridge Wildcats.