Disgrace in Detroit

I wanna know why Ben Wallace only got a 6 game suspensions and he was the one that started the fight between him and Artest. Artest fouled him hard, if Wallace would of been a man instead of a punk and went to shoot his shot instead of shoving Arest this whole mess wouldn't of happened. I think the NBA is showinf some favoritism here and it isn't fair. Jermaine O'Neal didn't go up in the stands, but just defended himself on the floor. I just think some of the suspensions were unfair.

825446981[/snapback]

Exactly. Wallace deserved a lot more than 6 for starting it all.

David Stern said O'Neal would have gotten more if he'd actually made it to the stands. He had a friggin chair thrown at his head, I can kinda understand him going up for that one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I never said the players were right.  I said it's really easy for us to sit out here and say they shouldn't do that when, if we had beer thrown on us, we'd probably react similarly.

2) Outfielders don't get stuff thrown on them much at all.

3) There was no security in the area before Artest went into the stands.  None.

825448062[/snapback]

1) When you make tens of millions of dollars a year, you represent an NBA organization, you are on national television, you have guards and officials for taking care of business, you have specific rules telling you what you can and can't do as a player, I, NOR ANY OTHER NITWIT WOULD GO INTO THE STANDS. ONLY A PUNK WOULD DO THAT.

2.) Outfielders get bottles, cups, paper plates, paper wads, batteries, baseballs and various other asundries launched at them for attack purposes.

(GAME 6 WORLD SERIES 2004)

ESPN.com

The Red Sox went on to win 4-2 and force Game 7 on Wednesday night.Some angry fans in the crowd of 56,128 at Yankee Stadium threw baseballs, empty drinking cups and other trash onto the field and Francona wanted to pull his team off the field.

3.) If security isn't getting it done, GO TO THE LOCKER ROOM.

Besides, it's pretty much unanimous that Artest's laying himself out on the scorers table was, IN YOUR FACE or a kind of showboat to the crowd. After the first player altercation, you go lay down on the scorers table?????? Get a grip. HE's a PUNK. ;)

Looks like the stupid union, my favorite all time player Larry Byrd and the Pacers organization are going to fight to have the charges reduced. Larry Byrd is done in my book. No more respect for him and the org's speak for themselves. UNIONS are like lawyers. All they want is your money. ;)

1) When you make tens of millions of dollars a year, you represent an NBA organization, you are on national television, you have guards and officials for taking care of business, you have specific rules telling you what you can and can't do as a player, I, NOR ANY OTHER NITWIT WOULD GO INTO THE STANDS. ONLY  A PUNK WOULD DO THAT.

2.) Outfielders get bottles, cups, paper plates, paper wads, batteries, baseballs and various other asundries launched at them for attack purposes.

ESPN.com

The Red Sox went on to win 4-2 and force Game 7 on Wednesday night.Some angry fans in the crowd of 56,128 at Yankee Stadium threw baseballs, empty drinking cups and other trash onto the field and Francona wanted to pull his team off the field.

Besides, it's pretty much unanimous that Artest's laying himself out on the scorers table was, IN YOUR FACE or a kind of showboat to the crowd. After the first player altercation, you go lay down on the scorers table?????? Get a grip. HE's a PUNK. :justwrestle:

825449489[/snapback]

And Artest wasn't the only punk in Detroit that night. Ben Wallace was punk for starting the whole thing. The nimrod who threw the beer at Artest is a major punk. Take what stance you will with Artest laying on the scorers table what he wasn't doing was letting himself get drawn into a fight with Wallace. He ( gasp) did the right thing. Now, Artest's punkness came through with going into the stands and started swinging. Those players who went into the stands should all be punished without question but the fans HAVE to take equal responsibility. Punishment should come with their actions as well. I think you would agree that it is unacceptable for a fan to throw anything at a player in any sport. If a fan does do they should pay the price whatever it may be.

On a side note, I know there will be lawsuits to come out of this whole mess and some justified but the moron who ran onto the court got what he deserved. I'm not defending the riot in any way but his going onto the court was no different than Artest's going into the stands. He had no place there and he got clocked.

Yeah, these players make millions of dollars, represent a professional team and a city on national televison and that responsibilty requires and demands a player to be above the moronic actions of some fans. Just because fans to carry that responsibility doesn't excuse them. They have a responsibility to act civil in a massive public gathering.

Bottom Line : Everybody is at fault here.

Looks like the stupid union, my favorite all time player Larry Byrd and the Pacers organization are going to fight to have the charges reduced. Larry Byrd is done in my book. No more respect for him and the org's speak for themselves. UNIONS are like lawyers. All they want is your money.  :huh:

825449493[/snapback]

Yeah. No way they should reduce the charges.

Btw, did you catch Artest promoting is album......I mean....defending himelf on the Today Show? geeeeez :justwrestle:

Edited by Pantherbert

1) When you make tens of millions of dollars a year, you represent an NBA organization, you are on national television, you have guards and officials for taking care of business, you have specific rules telling you what you can and can't do as a player, I, NOR ANY OTHER NITWIT WOULD GO INTO THE STANDS. ONLY  A PUNK WOULD DO THAT.

ESPN.com

Besides, it's pretty much unanimous that Artest's laying himself out on the scorers table was, IN YOUR FACE or a kind of showboat to the crowd. After the first player altercation, you go lay down on the scorers table?????? Get a grip. HE's a PUNK. :justwrestle:

825449489[/snapback]

1) *VERY* few athletes make "tens of millions of dollars per year" for their game, and Ron Artest isn't on the list.

2) It's rare for outfielders to get hit with debris. You're making it sound like that happens every day...and it doesn't.

3) Yeah, going to the locker room helped the players avoid getting hit with debris.

Artest is a punk, yes. But you're still refusing to even consider my point...how do you know you wouldn't have reacted similarly? Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb have gone into the stands, and a fairly long list of hockey players have done it too.

Looks like the stupid union, my favorite all time player Larry Byrd and the Pacers organization are going to fight to have the charges reduced. Larry Byrd is done in my book. No more respect for him and the org's speak for themselves. UNIONS are like lawyers. All they want is your money.  :justwrestle:

825449493[/snapback]

Isn't part of Bird's job to do what's best for his team? Jermaine O'Neal getting 25 games is a little steep IMO, and Artest's suspension, while warranted, is unprecedented. Bird's job is to try to help the Indiana Pacers win a title...and trying to get Artest, O'Neal, and Jackson back as soon as possible is one thing he can do in that effort.

Come on, you knew it would be appealed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The_Siegel_Senior
Wish they would throw him out of the league, i have never like him!

825492253[/snapback]

I thought you would like someone like him...he works hard...isnt a ballhog...sure he has an attitude but come on...he is a nice guy... B)

I thought you would like someone like him...he works hard...isnt a ballhog...sure he has an attitude but come on...he is a nice guy... B)

825492256[/snapback]

The only difference between him and Dennis Rodman, is Dennis loved the game and Artest dont care at all about the game, it is a paycheck to him and that is it! When Dennis hit the floor, he was out there to win and he played hard, very hard on every play!

Well, there is one more difference also, I have never seen Artest wear a dress! B)